PLEASE HELP!! n54 cylinder 5 misfire high RPM/Boost only 3,4,5,6 gear

Sep 21, 2021
I have been chasing this problem for so long and have spent a lot of money trying to fix this problem and I am lost. I have a 2008 bmw n54 Single turbo Garrett 3884r with port injection. Car has a misfire on cylinder 5 only in high boost and High Rpms. This only happens after 2nd gear. I have swapped injectors, coilpacks, spark plugs/re gapped, checked compression, bought brand new index 12 injectors, brand new o2 sensors, got a new tuner, and it is still here. I seriously have no idea what it could be maybe a small vacuum leak of some sort? I don’t know I just want to sleep at night lol. I am sick of trying to chase it down and blowing money on it. I will post a log below with the codes I am throwing (remember this is right after I replaced injectors and o2 sensors) car also has a SMFW
82F91AF0-92CE-40BA-B430-0B8E2F7D3FC3.jpeg
Data log

Attachments

• 2021-10-12 15_10_04 I8A0S v3.00 MOTIV - Jack OBrien - I8A0S E85-EBC-N20-PI-TS-VCV.mhd.csv
    16 KB · Views: 18

N54x4

Jun 26, 2020
Have you tried Teflon tape on the #5 injector? Seeing as you’ve tried everything else, there’s a chance the hole for the injector is ovaled out slightly, causing a misfire even with new injectors.

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Have you tried Teflon tape on the #5 injector? Seeing as you’ve tried everything else, there’s a chance the hole for the injector is ovaled out slightly, causing a misfire even with new injectors.
I was thinking the same thing while reading the post.

Sep 21, 2021
I
Have you tried Teflon tape on the #5 injector? Seeing as you’ve tried everything else, there’s a chance the hole for the injector is ovaled out slightly, causing a misfire even with new injector
Good idea, I will try that. I also am running straight wastegate which should be around 14-15 psi with the springs I have and it was making 20+ psi on gate. I am going to put in a brand new tial wastegate this weekend and see if anything changes.

Boost.Li

Jun 5, 2023
Have you figured this out yet? Me and you have the exact same build even down to the turbo. And i am having the same problem.