• Bms catch can

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Guys I noticed we didn't have a huge discussion on the n54 pcv system! What n5x forum isn't complete without one right!

My plan was to use the ade fitting with custom AN fittings and lines, but instead I wanted to add CC vacuum by running to both turbo inlets..

Please post what your using and why! Pics would be awesome too!

The more info the better! Also post up your results I know some guys have sorted out some internal boost least and have rectified some drivabilty concerns as well!
As much crap as I know about these cars I still remain a student everyday and this is one course I could use some tutoring in!!

I will add some if you think I missed them no problem

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
RB valve with stock VC passageways and head unplugged, BMS OCC and plumbed into ST filter for "some" suction under load.

Waiting for a good VC option to plug the ports in the head and go external.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Right now I have the rb valve with the flapper installed and VTA

I feel like your not supposed to have vacuum under load at the flapper side with the ADE set up and the head plugged?

Someone chime in maybe

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Right now I have the rb valve with the flapper installed and VTA

I feel like your not supposed to have vacuum under load at the flapper side with the ADE set up and the head plugged?

Someone chime in maybe
Ideally, you want about 12" of vacuum under all conditions beyond idle. Normal idle vac is 19-22" on these cars.

The spec should be in one of the manuals at your shop I would think.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
RB valve with ports plugged and Mishimoto occ's (3 port and 2 port).
IMG_0234.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
RB valve with ports plugged and Mishimoto occ's (3 port and 2 port).View attachment 4271
That is just sex! Your car is the exact inspiration for me to make this a sexy system!
Could you pretty pretty please post more pics of entire engine bay and some more detail like what line goes where and who's fittings you used!

Beautiful!

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
I've been doing some research for some time now but still unsure on what system to go with. I ordered the ade pcv and flapper fitting just because I know they are always sold out and just in case I do use them. I've seen people use ade pcv fitting and cut it out so you can also put a rb valve in in also with stock flapper with vacuum coming from ST filter and intake manifold, and also head plugged. Going single turbo here pretty soon and I want to do this at the same time. What do you ST guys have?

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I've been doing some research for some time now but still unsure on what system to go with. I ordered the ade pcv and flapper fitting just because I know they are always sold out and just in case I do use them. I've seen people use ade pcv fitting and cut it out so you can also put a rb valve in in also with stock flapper with vacuum coming from ST filter and intake manifold, and also head plugged. Going single turbo here pretty soon and I want to do this at the same time. What do you ST guys have?

I have to say I'm in the same exact boat as you! I've been looking into a lot of them lately and the ADE seems to be the one of the better options but I'm confused if it is supposed to have a "suction side" it states that it can on the website but dosnt seem the way anyone recommends to run it?
@ADE-ENG

Andy dosnt appear tagable on here either

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
I think thats why rob on n54tech forum cut part of the ade fitting so it can be used with the rb valve.