OEM-Style Aluminum N54 Valve Cover

GnomeChild

Private
Sep 14, 2018
California
Ride
e90 335i LCI M-Sport
What about the little screw holes near the coil pack openings? They almost look like they are tapped for screws already. Will B58 adapter plates work with this? Or alternatively can the B58 coils be mounted directly using those holes still?

I am extremely interested especially since this keeps the OEM cyclonic oil separators of the PVC system in place

AshwinLB

Private
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Ride
2010 E82 135i
What about the little screw holes near the coil pack openings? They almost look like they are tapped for screws already. Will B58 adapter plates work with this? Or alternatively can the B58 coils be mounted directly using those holes still?

I am extremely interested especially since this keeps the OEM cyclonic oil separators of the PVC system in place

From what I’ve seen from Nosrok’s video, the holes seem to be tapped so the “fat bunny” b58 conversion should theoretically work. The “Nexsys-style” conversion kit should also work as well since the holes it uses are tapped.

Very few people have these right now so it will be tough to get concrete evidence that they would work for sure but I don’t see why they wouldn’t

AshwinLB

Private
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Ride
2010 E82 135i
A friend in our local BMW group reported he has installed the n55 , going great after 10,000kms and just recently installed an n54 version. The quality was great and no leaks. He used original bolts/hardware but, actually did use the supplied gasket, with no issues to date.

Do you know if he was able to use the original hardware without removing the sleeves they’re in? Or do they have to be removed?