Odd problem after MHD flash

Designator

Jun 15, 2017
Massillon Ohio
Ride
08 335xi
I just did full turbos install on a 335xi 2008
Running fine for around 60 miles after I installed new turbos, (stage 1 upgraded oem) inlets outlets charge pipe blow off valve, catless downpipes and a 6in fmic.
Only errors i got where from o2 sensors and periodically a over boost 3100 error.
I flashed with MHD stage 2 and when I started the car almost had a light knocking sound at 1500 rpm or so. Instantly went back to stock and still there. Flashed back to stock with winfkp and still there. I am posting jb4 log, (just reinstalled for logging) error codes and a video of wht car sounds like. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• broken car.csv
    4 KB · Views: 299

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I can't help but notice you said you flashed the mhd stage 2 and then mentioned your jb4.
You do realize that if you have a jb4 there is a specific set of maps that called back end flashes..tjey are not labeled in stages and arnt usually refered to as such.

Not sure if it could cause damage esp at idle.. Don't take offense to this but if you don't know that I'm not sure what else you might not know while you were doing the work..

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
And BTW as well.. It seems more. Like you may have a misunderstanding it's really really hard to tell in the video.. Anyways a bad belt tensioner can cause very similar sounds. I just mentioned this to another member.. Since you have the fan out just pull the belt and throw a charger or jump box on it and just run it for a few seconds and see if the noise goes away.
Looks like the tensioner is jumping like wholly hell!

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Thirdly you can watch that bank one at idle even is extremely lean, don't know if that erroneous from a damaged o2 during install or your actually that lean!
Going off your fault list it looks possibly out of time. Those are the fault you can get when you so say a vanos unit and don't time the cams correctly.. Possibly could have jumped time? Check the crank both for being loose

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces