Nitrous!?

COTT3series

Private
Mar 1, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 535xi, 2007 BMW 335i.
Been kicking around the idea of running a small shot. Anyone have any experience with spraying this platform?

Pros and cons? I've used Nitrous on other applications in the past. Wasn't sure if the N54 liked it or not though.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Been kicking around the idea of running a small shot. Anyone have any experience with spraying this platform?

Pros and cons? I've used Nitrous on other applications in the past. Wasn't sure if the N54 liked it or not though.

From what I have seen it's not the most popular option, I'm sure that the engine would take it because it seems to love chugging as much E85/Meth/Race Fuel as we can get to it. But, most people go the Meth route for spray.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Are you MT or AT? People have done it, the car responds very well to nitrous. Boost is on tap though, I think that is the main reason people don't use it more.

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
I've read is beneficial once you've gone single turbo to make up for the lag at 3000-4500 rpm. once the turbo is fully spooled spooled NO2 Shuts off.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Nitrous makes power. Period!!! You can as stated use it to spool the turbo. But why stop there? i''ve sprayed many different platforms, and im spraying this one too. Direct port Wet!!!

let me know if you need anything.

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
Nitrous makes power. Period!!! You can as stated use it to spool the turbo. But why stop there? i''ve sprayed many different platforms, and im spraying this one too. Direct port Wet!!!

let me know if you need anything.

Once my motor is finished being built, its an option I've considered. But I'm actually thinking of using your methanol port injection plate with my single turbo set up, and wait for nitrous until later. I don't want my build to get too crazy just yet lol.

Turby

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Kcmo
I've been considering a small shot to help get off the line after going single, its hard to launch for auto guys.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you are drag racing or on the track with a laggy turbo, then sure. But for every other purpose? I don't really see the point of it since trying to min/max your spool isn't nearly as big of a deal on the street. Personally,
I've been considering a small shot to help get off the line after going single, its hard to launch for auto guys.

Like a 35? I'm setup for direct port nitrous/meth. So small shot and six ports don't exactly go hand in hand. @Twisted Tuning how small of a shot would you go with a direct port setup like mine on the EOS manifold?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars

If you are drag racing or on the track with a laggy turbo, then sure. But for every other purpose? I don't really see the point of it since trying to min/max your spool isn't nearly as big of a deal on the street. Personally,

Like a 35? I'm setup for direct port nitrous/meth. So small shot and six ports don't exactly go hand in hand. @Twisted Tuning how small of a shot would you go with a direct port setup like mine on the EOS manifold?

Yes like a 30 shot to see how it responds for drag racing

A 30 shot is more like a 50-75 on a turbo car. A 30 should be good for the hot to help get off the line.

But get a good controller to make it all work. I'm using the "Maximiser 4" on my setup. And is what I sell with my kit

Reactions: doublespaces

COTT3series

Private
Mar 1, 2017
Ride
Thanks for the info guys! I'm still debating on upgradedtwins or ST but nitrous has always been one of my faves as used on other platforms.

jdm5596

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Im slowly putting together a kit. Eventually ill step into that game. Im awd auto. Hopefully drag car in future

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Thanks for the info guys! I'm still debating on upgradedtwins or ST but nitrous has always been one of my faves as used on other platforms.

Nitrous is great. Just take your time to set it up right. Hit me up if you need anything. Im a Nitrous Express Dealer. and one of my other shop cars is sponsored by Nitrous Express.

COTT3series

Private
Mar 1, 2017
Ride
Nitrous is great. Just take your time to set it up right. Hit me up if you need anything. Im a Nitrous Express Dealer. and one of my other shop cars is sponsored by Nitrous Express.
If I decide to go that route I definitely will get in touch!