PROMO Nexsys Motorsport N54 Ignition Coil Upgrade Kit

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Wow, busy forum over the holiday weekend. The B58 coils use a resistor inline to increase voltage higher to jump insanely large gaps that would be counter productive to making power. Think 100,000 mile old plugs. As for kits shipping out we just began our next shipment of 15 kits if yours was one of them you would have gotten an email. As for the N55 kit we found some local testers who are running them through their paces.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Wow, busy forum over the holiday weekend. The B58 coils use a resistor inline to increase voltage higher to jump insanely large gaps that would be counter productive to making power. Think 100,000 mile old plugs. As for kits shipping out we just began our next shipment of 15 kits if yours was one of them you would have gotten an email. As for the N55 kit we found some local testers who are running them through their paces.

Hi, I sent an email awhile ago but never got a response. My order number is 209, is there an eta when it might ship?

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Hi, I sent an email awhile ago but never got a response. My order number is 209, is there an eta when it might ship?
Hey, I never got an email from you but I'll send you an email with details. Thanks!

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Anyone received there kits that ordered in May?

I ordered mine on May 4th & site said 3-4 weeks lead time. I've emailed them few times with no response.
Hey there, you should have received an email with tracking information last week. Yours is in the batch we are shipping right now :) Thanks for your patience!

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
As for the N55 kit we found some local testers who are running them through their paces.
Happy to hear you got your local N55 testers but you could have easily let me know! after all you are the one who asked/offered!

Last edited:

Raymondo1234

Nov 5, 2018
Ride
BMW M235iX Coupe pure stage 2
@bahn I have sent several emails about the N55 kit. Please don’t take this the wrong way, as I appreciate these things take time. All I want to know is an approx eta, as I am wondering if to wait, or get the PR kit. Again, not having a go at you, just wanted some info so I can make an informed decision.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Did some coding with MHD yesterday , didnt see Nexsys listed anymore (only PR)! did something happen?

jimip

May 25, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Ride
E90 335i Msport
Hey Bahn, I ordered mine back in may (order ID #200) but haven’t received any update since the order confirmation.. do you have any updates on the shipping?? Cheer, jim

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
We expect to start taking orders for the N55 kit in 2-3 weeks. B58 coil option is in the MHD N54 app version 2.22. @jimip I'll check that order tomorrow morning and get back to you!

Reactions: Raymondo1234

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
We expect to start taking orders for the N55 kit in 2-3 weeks. B58 coil option is in the MHD N54 app version 2.22. @jimip I'll check that order tomorrow morning and get back to you!
I really hope so! although my custom turbo upgrade is done I am dealing with the "normal" leak here and re-orientation issues there , so your timing is perfect ! but I cant hold out much longer that that................. I'm going experiencing withdrawal symptoms right now!:disappointed:

Scorpstan

Corporal
Feb 27, 2017
Ride
335i
so do your kits for stock valve cover also have a resistor inside?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I would reach out to MHD directly. They have always been quick to respond in my experience.
Reached out to MHD to ask about this, they said that they didn't plan on including the B58 coil option for the N55 since the N55 coils are good to 600 HP! How ridiculous is that!? But yet they have the PR coil option which they say is for levels above that!

Last edited:

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Hmm... I wonder if there would still be any benefit (or any negative consequences) of running the B58 coils on N55 without updating the dwell tables? So just swapping in the B58 coils with no tune changes?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
The issue that pisses me off is that the guys at MHD have decided that myself and everyone else using their platform should be running the OEM coils if you want to or not! At the same time they already implemented it for the N54 so I don't expect it would be dat different or difficult to do so for the N55! I just don't get it! However due to the level of modification I am at now I had planned to get a custom tune so ill just have the tuner adjust the dwell tables accordingly.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Reached out to MHD to ask about this, they said that they didn't plan on including the B58 coil option for the N55 since the N55 coils are good to 600 HP! How ridiculous is that!? But yet they have the PR coil option which they say is for levels above that!
Just curious, did you ask them that very question? Why pr option and not b58 coils?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Yes I did, their response was the same " the stock N/S55 coils can support up to 600 and the PR coils are for power levels exceeding that" , I tried pressing the issue to understand the thinking better but they soon became offended and told me I was being rude! sorta like "who is this nobody questioning the GREAT MHD!!!" I can post the e mails if you guys wanna see.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Nah it’s all good. I don’t think anyone doesn’t believe you.

That same logic obviously applies to the N54, we are just a smaller market and my guess is lower priority. Sucks, but it’s been that way for a while.

If we can figure out what the dwell changes are for the n54 we may be able to add the tables (if they are missing) and make the changes ourselves.

Reactions: wheela