Newbie - E91 335xi ST

oVeRdOsE

Private
Jun 12, 2024
Hello all.

I'm active on other forums and groups, but Ive just registered on this forum.
I,ve completed a swap not so long ago. Not many E91 ST in Canada. on jack stands.

mechanically I'm there, swap went well, no check engine. Car pull strong.
Next steps :
- LCI conversion (I have most parts, now need to find a paint shop)
- Interior conversion : CCC to CIC, Hi-Fi to individual sound, comfort access, real leather, and few M stuffs.

Donor : fully loaded M pack low mileage 09' E90 335xi 6mt
Receiver : 08' high mileage E91, sport pack (vinyl), CCC, 6mt

Mods : 5'' IC, meth 600cc 50/50, JB4 BEF, speed tech 6262, stage 2 LPFP, fan cooled EKP, h&r and bilstein, poly bushings on rear sub frame, DKM twindisk, single exit valved muffler. 265 wheels at the rear.
Other than than, brake stock (335), engine stock, new eldor coils, new sparkplugs, new rod baring, new seal everywhere, new serpentine (yes with guard).

Im finalizing the JB4 parameter with pureevil at the moment.

53780596968_a41f958d49_k_d.jpg

53728403625_b4b7ed9447_k_d.jpg
53683182534_c6f93d07fc_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wheela

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
nice setup! are you running on 93 pump seeing it is rare to find ethanol in canada?
ive always wondered how much power these big ST cars make on pump fuel

oVeRdOsE

Private
Jun 12, 2024
nice setup! are you running on 93 pump seeing it is rare to find ethanol in canada?
ive always wondered how much power these big ST cars make on pump fuel

No ethanol where I live, 90% of gas station only have 91, and we have 94 but questionable quality (it made the news few times).

This is why meth kit is necessary. Mine is very basic, it's a BMS 600cc single nozzle. I was thinking about a 6 nozzle, but it suck juice way too fast. I'm using the windshield washer reservoir, and I must say, even if I dont use this car often, I need to refill every 4 rides or so.

For the power I have no idea with my actual setup. I wish I can put around 550-600bhp.
I might find out next year on a dyno, but only for reading. Not many tuner will deal with JB4 on a dyno. 480 rwhp would be awesome.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
No ethanol where I live, 90% of gas station only have 91, and we have 94 but questionable quality (it made the news few times).

This is why meth kit is necessary. Mine is very basic, it's a BMS 600cc single nozzle. I was thinking about a 6 nozzle, but it suck juice way too fast. I'm using the windshield washer reservoir, and I must say, even if I dont use this car often, I need to refill every 4 rides or so.

For the power I have no idea with my actual setup. I wish I can put around 550-600bhp.
I might find out next year on a dyno, but only for reading. Not many tuner will deal with JB4 on a dyno. 480 rwhp would be awesome.

wouldnt really recommend using the windshield washer reservoir as they leak and are somewhat of a fire hazard...
i remember seeing e9x burning down from this

maybe you can do a virtual dyno run and guestimate the power

Reactions: oVeRdOsE and wheela

oVeRdOsE

Private
Jun 12, 2024
wouldnt really recommend using the windshield washer reservoir as they leak and are somewhat of a fire hazard...
i remember seeing e9x burning down from this

maybe you can do a virtual dyno run and guestimate the power
yeah, there's few post on that, and I'm fully aware.

However, those having issue using 100% meth, I'm using -40°C windshield washer, so not much different than OEM.

Also, I have 100%meth jugs and I dilute this in 50/50 mass proportion with deionized water. So same as windshield washer too.

Reactions: wheela