New Precision Racework Plug and Play Kit Q3-Q4 2018

Who's interested in a Group Buy for the New plug and play PR Coils?

• Yes

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Alex,
Thanks for the post!

Alex is correct, this is the most common issue we have found in this kit. To date with 1,000's of coils on the market now there have been zero natural coil failures. The only failures have been due to shorts in wiring into the factory harness, or not matching the wire colors. We have OEM quality connectors coming very soon to address this issue head on (it has been low failure rate but it will make install much easier too).

We are looking at changing the design for the plug wires and are looking at a couple different manufacturing options. The wires work perfectly fine but we have found that the current generation of enthusiast have very little experience with plug wires. So we are looking to develop plug wires that are easier to install so there are less issues as a result of improper seating of the wires. Don't expect these until Q3-Q4 of this year.

We have also released new tables to MHD a few months back and are still waiting on them to push the new tables out in an update to MHD. This will give even more power out of our ignition kits then they currently have which is already the highest output coil on the market and will now push even further.

I saw this post since i was trying to decide between these or the BL ones and now that they are creating full on plug and play models I'm buying these. I was wondering if Precision Raceworks would consider doing a group buy for these? I figured I'd post to see how many others are interested in a pre-order group buy purchase? Hopefully with enough interested maybe Precision Raceworks will consider it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBacon335

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
As I mentioned in a related thread I am interested in retrofitting my PR coils (still in the box with the Zebra cake) with the new connectors before installing.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
if they fit, absolutely. The PR DIY modular lpfp was very easy to assemble with the connectors they used on that one.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Guys, we are a PR dealer. I’d be happy to run a group buy if there is sufficient interest. Say 10 minimum? Someone feel free to email me if interest is there and I’m willing to put something together.

[email protected]

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Guys, we are a PR dealer. I’d be happy to run a group buy if there is sufficient interest. Say 10 minimum? Someone feel free to email me if interest is there and I’m willing to put something together.

[email protected]

I'm 100% interested if they have the new plug and play connectors. I can wait for them to get more stock if there current 180 are already designated.

What do you need from us? We setup where we can send you a deposit for a spot and once 10+ join the list you can sell us the kits?

• Agree
Reactions: John@DBV2

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I'm 100% interested if they have the new plug and play connectors. I can wait for them to get more stock if there current 180 are already designated.

What do you need from us? We setup where we can send you a deposit for a spot and once 10+ join the list you can sell us the kits?
Hey got your email! Sorry for the late reply on here. Yes we can get a list of participants, once we have 10 people who have paid, we can go forward with it and completely eliminate those misfire issues. New connectors are really nice, already have a set and they are OEM quality moulded plastic. Feels like it came from BMW. Except these don’t break

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
An enterprising individual might market a "BL rescue discount". I'm planning to make my own harness, and I've already modified my BL coils. But there are lots of people that would not be PR customers (because they own BL coils) that may not be inclined to do all the work to fix them - you might lure some of them over. Sales are sales, and the goodwill plays to reputation. Just my 02 cents :sunglasses: ... it's worth what you paid for it lol.

Filippo

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I would email or contact Precision Raceworks privately on that. They offer excellent customer service. I don’t think they would mind getting you a set.
Done. Thanks for the suggestion. I’d be happy to retrofit the BMW-style connectors to my PR coil set, or exchange my unopened set for the new set.