Need assistance with throttle closures and fueling

TaylorG

Feb 21, 2024
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and need help, on WOT pulls my car has started to stutter. The car is FBO with a walbro 450 for context. Ill post datazap links to the logs below, any assistance would be appreciated.

Throttle seems to close when the car starts to hiccup, which looks like it correlates to my LPFP dropping to low 50's.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Your throttle closure is due to your car overboosting and while LPFP going to 50's seems bad, it's not low enough to cause issues as rail pressure is still able to keep up.

Also you have a weird logging channel configuration. You don't need MHD+ WGDC Base and you don't seem to have RPM logging which is one of the most important channels.

Reactions: TaylorG

TaylorG

Feb 21, 2024
Your throttle closure is due to your car overboosting and while LPFP going to 50's seems bad, it's not low enough to cause issues as rail pressure is still able to keep up.

Also you have a weird logging channel configuration. You don't need MHD+ WGDC Base and you don't seem to have RPM logging which is one of the most important channels.
Appreciate the swift response! Haven't configured the parameters properly yet, will add the RPM range. Would these issue cause timing corrections in any way? I see I have some corrections on a few cylinders.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
You've got some fuel trimming variance occurring and while timing corrections <81 throttle is abnormal it isn't technically bad.

I recommend getting a professional tuner instead of running that ots map as you're always gonna be overboosting. @carabuser is a real good tuner that knows this dme more than pretty much any other tuners

• Agree
Reactions: wheela and TaylorG