N55 stutters on boost

Sharas_v6

Oct 7, 2020
Hi,

I have this issues where the engine struggles and stutters on boost at midrange, anywhere from 3500-4000rpm, mid to high throttle, running MHD and their OTS "Stage 2+" map and I am running out of ideas - maybe someone has some insights before i throw in the towel.
I have already replaced the ignition coils to new Delphi units, 2nd set of plugs - had NKG 97506, switched back to OE Bosch gapped down to ~.025, fuel pressures seem ok, no codes from the ecu.

The car: 2011 135 with DCT trans, stock pwg turbo, running on 91 octane
The mods:
Injen intake, intercooler with charge pipes, catless downpipe
GFB metal diverter valve (no 2ndary spring)
*catch* - i have done some light headwork, only blended in the valve seats and cleaned up the ports, nothing crazy.

Logs - 2 short pulls, one 2nd gear, one 2nd to 3rd, you can see how choppy the rpm curve is:

I am not a fan of all these OTS tunes, but want to make sure I am not missing something simple before i go spending money on a real tune.

matt cangie

Aug 8, 2018
Ride
335iX
Have you checked your plug gaps? In you logs, your TPS never hits WOT. Are you sure you're flooring it?

machinehead

Dec 11, 2020
can you do a log where you hold the pedal at wide open throttle?
The throttle might be closing to limit the boost.

machinehead

Dec 11, 2020
You are overboosting and the throttle is closing to control the boost, same problem on my car. I don't have a fix yet.

Reactions: tkenupp

Jobe0074

Lurker
Dec 9, 2021
Melbourne
Ride
M135
Had similar issues with misfires at WOT -
Sure you have BUT, I’d triple check that the coil boots are totally engaged on the plugs
Check for any arcing etc
Potentially could also be a vacuum leak somewhere - maybe try a smoke test
Major PITA chasing these stutters / misfires etc
Wish you luck buddy