Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernN54

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
Kissimmee, Fl
That sucks. Mines just screwed right in but doesnt sound so bad. It definitely helpals and while on the dyno you could see the vapors coming out which was awesome.have you guys considered venting through the pcv plate or putting two fittings into the vc and running braided lines to catch cans and such ?

SouthernN54

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
Kissimmee, Fl
Last setup i ran dual catch can, pvc plate, and a breather cap and had no knock and ran perfect and reliable for a 600whp daily 4 cylinder. Crank case pressure was on point lol. Was only running meth and 93 and was perfect.

SouthernN54

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
Kissimmee, Fl
Dude, please edit your posts when you decide you want to add more rather than posting 3 things in a row every time.
Sorry i just get excited lol. Also remember more things after i type. Yes i can edit next time but those are staying. Sorry just very busy with 3 kids. Also just trying to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidwarren

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
I guess the main question is, what's the price going to be on this BMW Taxed mini air filter?

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
It was hidden below all the photos, because @Tony@VargasTurboTech inserted full size images instead of thumbnails :)
Not sure I can justify $200 for a mini breather filter. I'll just stick to tap n plug the ports and run a low side catch can, already have all the stuff to do it anyways. Plus, that little flapper valve that's on the stock PCV system, is there for a reason ;)

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Just based on this thread we wont bother offering this. People already complaining about price. Honestly if people want this, others can take the time, and effort to offer it, or just make their own. Either way I had to pull the Valve cover off the MT car, the car was already extremely consistent in tge 765WHP range, it ran between 765-768WHP multiple times in row on the same tune. When the VC was off, I installed one of these. I got the car back together, and threw it on the dyno. First thing I noticed, even with plugged ports, dual catch cans, and a very robust PCV set up, we were getting quite a bit of vent out of the breather when there was no vacuum on the manifold, and before we had vacuum in the inlets, basically cruise conditions. I also noticed under spool, and full boost it was venting quite a bit of crankcase pressure evident by the visible vapor, and smoke being expelled. This is with DUAL cans pulling on the crankcase under full boost through the inlets. If you are running VTA etc, you will have much more built up crank case pressure, and one small VTA filter cannot possibly vent it all. In other words far from ideal.

The results were about what I expected, its very common to pick up power when removing Crankcase pressure, domestics pick up 40-50hp using a dedicated vacuum pump to purge the crankcase. We picked up 8-11WHP, and on the same consistent 765-768 map power jumped up to 776WHP. The power is nice, but having another layer of PCV protection is more important in my mind. We will put these on all our N54 projects, and GC installs we do.
776_717_red.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
so a ~10hp gain with just the breather, you think there is more with a dedicated pump?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I don't think its fair or likely to say everyone will pick up 10WHP with this. Our car is very near max effort on the GC's we expect to see 800 before we pull these off, when you approach max effort small things can show larger results, as you have already checked all the other boxes to pull max power out of the set up. Any high powered car can benefit quite a bit from a vacuum pump purging the crankcase, but its not usually easy to implement. It would be very very difficult to fit into our engine bays, and in my opinion not something to look into until these motors are consistently over 1000WHP

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Why don't you just make a baffled breather that replaces the oil fill cap, and can screw off and on? you're going to save production costs, make it easy for people to install, and you're utilizing parts that are already engineered.

Reactions: doublespaces

Antbox

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Denver
It

Well he already stated that he won't be bothering. I think it's a cool product.
The product itself is cool, no doubt about that.
I was just saying I'm not a fan of the 2 polling options. The 2nd option comes across as condescending to those who don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.