N54 stroker build

Slowvert135i

Corporal
Oct 24, 2017
Shelton, ct
Ride
08 135i e88
I believe the German branch of racing dynamics offers a 3.6 stroker kit for the n54, however I have never heard of any out in the wild
That must be a monster... if it stays together. Wonder why no one has bought one yet or if theres a few guys running them but not speaking up

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There is likely little bore being added since the cylinders are so close together. With it being all stoke the piston speeds might be a bit much? What is the math on our piston speeds anyways at 7500rpm

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Doesn't stroke usually require a modified crank? Otherwise you have insane compression ratios?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
We destroked the stroker we bought from ABR after we had to have everything in the motor redone. Stroking the N54 is going backward towards the goal most are after. Which currently is 1000WHP. We all know these motors make plenty of TQ, what people cannot do currently is spin them high enough to take advantage of these giant turbos people are going to try to use to make that power. So they stroke the motor so it has less RPM capability, and you put a giant turbo on the car that doesn't spool until literally 5000RPM. Now you have 2000-2500 of usable RPM if you run a big stroke. The exact opposite of what people should be going for. Our next motor will be sleeved and destroked quite a bit to get revs up.

Alex@abrhouston

Corporal
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
www.abrhouston.com
The rods we use allow us to offset grind the crank. We can stroke like the one we did for Tony, leave it stock or destroke it. Custom pistons must be used either way (except for stock stroke length, we use stock pin height). It was free displacement, so might as well taken it- but, when your doing big monster snails and going for big power like Tony is attempting destroking it is another option to slow down piston speed (slightly). The next issue I see you running into is hydraulic lifters/valve float and valvetrain control if your gonna try to zing it to the moon. Good luck, we'll be following you!