N54 single turbo oil drain line specs

bostons335i

Lurker
Oct 17, 2022
Hey guys,

first post here , and I know there's some posts that I have read on here talking about this issue but i couldn't find one with specific specs. I have a top mount kit from doc race coming in the mail and doing some last minute reviews and part shopping, found out their oil drain line is terrible and either leaks or burns then leaks. Some people opt to but the fitting from vader solutions but they seem to be out of stock with no ETA. I have read that the VTT fitting is also good but im confused on what i need for the actual line itself. I believe with the VTT fitting ill need both ends to be 45 degrees and I know the line has to be -10an but i have no idea on length? Any know where i can get one and the length i need? Thank you in advance!

Ryan

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
I'm using the set provided by DR at the moment and indeed the position is far from ideal. I do have a isolated heat sleeve on the oil drain hose which holds fine for the last 2 months. However I will change the set up to AN couplings using this style of extension:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-18 124743.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-18 124743.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 105

bostons335i

Lurker
Oct 17, 2022
I'm using the set provided by DR at the moment and indeed the position is far from ideal. I do have a isolated heat sleeve on the oil drain hose which holds fine for the last 2 months. However I will change the set up to AN couplings using this style of extension:
Hey thanks for the reply , I was thinking about getting the VTT fitting which is a straight an fitting to the pan then getting 2 45 degree an fittings and a stainless steel line and cover that with heat sleeve. Where do you get that fitting you showed above that looks pretty good too. Do you think a 45 off the turbo would also work alright or is that what they have on the doc kit standard?

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
The fitting I showed you is available on Turbozentrum.de
a 45 degrees fitting is included in de DR kit yes. But that is with a barb fitting which I don't like.

Oil drains must be AN or similar imo