N54 Knock Table Discovery Fund

gunda

Oct 10, 2018
Ride
335i
Porting between roms and physical testing on built motors etc. soon ensuing.

That’s great to hear! Do you have any sense of timeline for release? Will this be another simple MHD flash time option? I have a built motor and I sense I am experiencing false knock, but my knock tables are stock for now.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
That’s great to hear! Do you have any sense of timeline for release? Will this be another simple MHD flash time option? I have a built motor and I sense I am experiencing false knock, but my knock tables are stock for now.

The intention was never to have a "one size fits all" checkbox for built motors. Each built motor is different and will require it's own tweaks to these tables by a tuner who REALLY knows what they are doing.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
@Erichale77 pot won't work. I mean, you'll think there's no knock ... sure ... and all will be good right then ... but when you come back to reality ... 😬

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
My work on the tables and logging params is basically done, it just sits in a holding pattern awaiting proper testing on the dyno
Is there a candidate? Or did that fall apart? Or ... ?

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
My work on the tables and logging params is basically done, it just sits in a holding pattern awaiting proper testing on the dyno

I have a built motor car, and I can rent a dyno to test. Waiting on stuff in the mail to make a set of headphones to listen to knock.