N54 Installation Kit

socaln54

Private
Jul 25, 2018
Ride
535i
EDIT: Turbo Install kit

I was searching for one and all this vendors have different pricing etc, anyone know what you actually need from this kits? I see some having "extra" items and others cheaper but not really having all these items?

Last edited:

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
FWIW we've a ton of these things, both with and without turbos and to individuals and also to other vendors... for nearing a decade. Don't recall ever being told "it should also include this" or the like, so it would seem what we have been providing is doing the trick. All said there is always something else one could need during install such as vacuum lines, water pump, motor mount, etc.; but you have to stop somewhere otherwise the kits cost would sky rocket really quickly.

Thanks,
Rob

socaln54

Private
Jul 25, 2018
Ride
535i
FWIW we've a ton of these things, both with and without turbos and to individuals and also to other vendors... for nearing a decade. Don't recall ever being told "it should also include this" or the like, so it would seem what we have been providing is doing the trick. All said there is always something else one could need during install such as vacuum lines, water pump, motor mount, etc.; but you have to stop somewhere otherwise the kits cost would sky rocket really quickly.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob, do you have a list of all the parts the kit should include for a normal swap?

Jeef

Sep 24, 2018
Ride
e92
Install kits can differ a lot from what you want to change. The kits that RB turbo provides is good enough for most. It covers all the o-rings. Only other thing I can think of would be to get a set of Downpipe gaskets.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Just so that it is clear our kit also offers all genuine BMW N54 components with nothing substituted, etc. If a better deal is found, rest assured something was done to creatively find that deal. For example substituting other standard manifold nuts for the OE N54 extended inner torx/outer hex interface hardware can make a fairly large difference in the cost of the components (and thus the kit) purchased.