FS N54 Index 12 injectors

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I would avoid buying used injectors because they are very fragile. I always buy brand new with warranty for peace of mind and to avoid potential stress of wondering it the seller was honest or not.

I am about to post my Forge diverter valves for sale. I had to buy and document the service refresh kit before posting tonight...because if I were going to buy it, I would appreciate the seller replacing all replaceable parts before selling them off.

I never want to sell any items just because I want to make it somone else's problem. Fuck that noise.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
FYI, index 12 brand new cost over 1400 at ECS Tuning while they are on sale at FCP Euro at this moment for around 900 bucks... when i saw that price I ordered immediately. Especially since FCP means I have lifetime warranty ... never have to worry again about injectors.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Is there a way to test them?

There is a local car audio company which I won't name, but they would install your stereo system for just $1 with the purchase of a complete setup. We called them the "One Dollar Dash Fire".

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Ok ... this was less than half what I paid with deep discount at the BMW dealer ... so for someone trying to get to Index 12s and wasn't ready to drop $800+, $350 looked like a decent deal.

Filippo

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Ok ... this was less than half what I paid with deep discount at the BMW dealer ... so for someone trying to get to Index 12s and wasn't ready to drop $800+, $350 looked like a decent deal.

Filippo

If you are fine with it, then there is no problem.

I'm just saying when it comes to injectors, I would only buy new and bmw branded.

As a matter of fact, I would not accept these injectors even if they were free and shipping was paid. It's just not worth the hassle for me mentally. I like knowing every single thing that is going on my car. But that's just me.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
If you are fine with it, then there is no problem.

I'm just saying when it comes to injectors, I would only buy new and bmw branded.

As a matter of fact, I would not accept these injectors even if they were free and shipping was paid. It's just not worth the hassle for me mentally. I like knowing every single thing that is going on my car. But that's just me.

That is a bit extreme. There are plenty of ways to test injectors. Nothing special about them.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
That is a bit extreme. There are plenty of ways to test injectors. Nothing special about them.
Sure there are. But like I said, I don't want to mess with buying them them testing them. They may be fine but that's a gamble. And if they arare w not fine, then I have no desire to argue with the seller. Then I have to do the injector job all over again.

For me a thousand bucks for lifetime warranty from fcpeuro is a no brainer. I know they are brand new and I know they are replaceable for free. Both peace of mind is worth the initial cost imo.

Reactions: Jeffman

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Is this something a local shop can do or is this generally a specialty type test that would need sent out to a larger company?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Just wondering how you know it’s time to replace the injectors? I’m pretty sure mine are original 64K miles from 2008. Maybe I get some rough starts after the car sits for a few days, but the car starts nice and smooth afterwards.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Just wondering how you know it’s time to replace the injectors? I’m pretty sure mine are original 64K miles from 2008. Maybe I get some rough starts after the car sits for a few days, but the car starts nice and smooth afterwards.

The dealership replaced mine on my previous engine when I noticed weird sputtering upon acceleration and longer starts. They were not index 12 so they replaced them. After that, the car felt BRAND SPANKING NEW and super powerful. It kept spinning out from stop lights...was insane.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
The dealership replaced mine on my previous engine when I noticed weird sputtering upon acceleration and longer starts. They were not index 12 so they replaced them. After that, the car felt BRAND SPANKING NEW and super powerful. It kept spinning out from stop lights...was insane.
Whoa! Sounds pretty good. Any logs before/afterwards? I’ve had to increase my scalars a lot for my 93 octane tune just to keep STFTs in check. I wonder if needing to increase scalars is a telltale sign that my injectors are getting tired?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Whoa! Sounds pretty good. Any logs before/afterwards? I’ve had to increase my scalars a lot for my 93 octane tune just to keep STFTs in check. I wonder if needing to increase scalars is a telltale sign that my injectors are getting tired?

No idea. At the time, was on Dinan 3 and warranty so dealer handled everything.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I finally purchased new injectors and will be installing them when I replace my valve cover gasket this weekend. I live near a dealer so I called them first for pricing - $300/ea! So I purchased the kit from FCP Euro since it’s apparenrly still “on sale” for about $960. Each of the six boxes were in fine shape - all -079 index 12.
Looking back at my repair records I had two of my original (2008) injectors replaced in 2011 with index 7’s. So the other 4 are probably index 5? Hopefully I’ll notice big improvement.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I finally purchased new injectors and will be installing them when I replace my valve cover gasket this weekend. I live near a dealer so I called them first for pricing - $300/ea! So I purchased the kit from FCP Euro since it’s apparenrly still “on sale” for about $960. Each of the six boxes were in fine shape - all -079 index 12.
Looking back at my repair records I had two of my original (2008) injectors replaced in 2011 with index 7’s. So the other 4 are probably index 5? Hopefully I’ll notice big improvement.

If done correctly and coded correctly, your car will feel like it just left the dealership in new condition. Response and power will be night and day. After the initial panic sensation of starting the car and hearing it stumble in the first few seconds of course....

Be advised, cylinder 6 and 5 are stubborn and the injectors will need to be quickly inserted FULLY...like within a few precious seconds. Otherwise, you will not be able to insert them completely due to the expansion of the seals.

Use a Precision Raceworks injector tool set and insert each injector into slot #3 for a minimum of 30 seconds, THEN transfer the injector quickly into the engine slot. The tool slot #3 will allow you a very easy transfer and insertion vs. not using the tool slot.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Thanks for the advice! I was going to do the injectors at the same time as the VC gasket since I heard it will be easier the replace the VC with the injectors removed. Any issues you know of putting on the new gasket and VC with the injectors removed?