Ride
135is
20171202_142113.jpg

PUTC

Corporal
Oct 14, 2017
Ride
08 335xi
That’s not a horrible problem to have bud!! Looks good though.

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
so i got my first negative rating on this, no any glue why? what i undestand this forum is to share information and even if got negative rating, it could be informative to tell why... :)

then to tell some updated informations of build.
last week was first real tests with this year setup, some good and some bad things.

first saturday drag racing on non prepped airfield.
11.2 at over 130 traps, that with lowered boost on 2-3-4 gear to survive
to next day standing 1 mile.
some 15-20ft/sec head wind and only 180 mph runs, front inner fenders was lost,
and as biggest issue, IAT skyrocketed from 80f to 184f.

i did some evaluation on logs and ordered vrsf 7.5 race FMIC to
get that heat soak to controllable levels and did installed at the same
fine mist water spray in front of it.

we have next weekend second 1/4 airfield run with no prep and
my goal is to punch boost up and try to knock 10 sec side with this.

next weekend maybe second attempt to mile with over 186mph/ 300kph
and if i manage that, my goals is archieved this year with dailydrived 10 sec / 300 kph car..

Reactions: PUTC

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Sometimes negative ratings happen on accident when people scroll by. You'd have to ask @Rob09msport if that was intentional or not I suppose.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Sometimes negative ratings happen on accident when people scroll by. You'd have to ask @Rob09msport if that was intentional or not I suppose.
I've actually done this at least 3 times. I'm not sure how/why it happens, but it has been a negative each time, which is the most unfortunate of the choices.

Filippo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I've actually done this at least 3 times. I'm not sure how/why it happens, but it has been a negative each time, which is the most unfortunate of the choices.

Filippo

I have had a solution in place to fix this for months, but its goes with the next big board overhaul. I've got one particular piece of software I've been waiting to finish development so that we can make that move. Should be within the next month or two. I've also been told this for a few months in a row.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Nevermind found post hit undo and liked the next one I have been following your build and actually you gave me feedback as I am trying to decide what route to go as far as turbos I apologize I hate when I see neg rep for no reason my stomach dropped when I saw my name I was about to talk shit about whoever did it cause this is an awesome thread if mods want to delete these I don't mind just too clean up was completely my fault

Reactions: doublespaces

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
that`s log from 1 mile...

https://datazap.me/u/maantec/steptronic-135i?log=0&data=1-4

one odd thing, speed value stops at 158mph, it`s something to do with speedo value
when speedo hit bottom, (260kph) logs stop to continue rising too, assume log get it`s information
from speedo value, not direct from DME..

that Doublespaces /rob explanation sounds reasonable why there are dislikes here without
any explanations and even without it, nothing hard feelings for disagrees, my opinion is that it`s open discussion but always curios of reason for disagrees, it must mean that someone has different approach to something
and it`s interesting to discuss about it.

and, okay, my native language is not english so there can be misundestandings on both ways :)

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
You made a Facebook post. I posted a condescending response because your English was poor. Now I realize English isn't your primary language.

I tried to find the post to delete it but couldn't. I apologize for the rude comment, as you know we have a huge problem with people using poor spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and everything else we learn in 2nd grade. It's really frustrating.

Anyways, I am sorry. I like your build, hoping to mirror it soon. If you can link me to your post I'll edit my comment!

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I have horrible punctuation but I work with my hands and wear gloves allot so I use voice type and makes punctuation very difficult the other thing is you can always tell when someone is not native to major areas of United States cause they are genuinely nice give benefit of doubt and don't argue if I did that any other thread I would have been cursed out had every post I made ever down rated and probably more but 135boost was so nice about it and just wanted to know why instead of fighting more should follow his example I feel.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
that`s log from 1 mile...

https://datazap.me/u/maantec/steptronic-135i?log=0&data=1-4

one odd thing, speed value stops at 158mph, it`s something to do with speedo value
when speedo hit bottom, (260kph) logs stop to continue rising too, assume log get it`s information
from speedo value, not direct from DME..

that Doublespaces /rob explanation sounds reasonable why there are dislikes here without
any explanations and even without it, nothing hard feelings for disagrees, my opinion is that it`s open discussion but always curios of reason for disagrees, it must mean that someone has different approach to something
and it`s interesting to discuss about it.

and, okay, my native language is not english so there can be misundestandings on both ways :)

My only language is English, and even then sometimes I question my grammar and punctuation when I read my posts a second time.

• Funny
Reactions: Rob09msport

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
My only language is English, and even then sometimes I question my grammar and punctuation when I read my posts a second time.
Thank God for the edit button. I read my post after I press reply, and edit if necessary. If it's not worth my time to read what I wrote and fix it, I probably could just keep my mouth shut to start with :tongueclosed:.

Filippo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Thank God for the edit button. I read my post after I press reply, and edit if necessary. If it's not worth my time to read what I wrote and fix it, I probably could just keep my mouth shut to start with :tongueclosed:.

Filippo
Deff agree sometimes I can't figure out what I meant so i know no one else will lmao.

• Funny
Reactions: fmorelli

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
Hello again, long time since last post.

Update of build, yes, E82 xdrive work very well, not a single problem with it on last 11 000 km.
engine has work well, transmission with xhp too and only issue i had with it was odd misfire detections
in rpm range 5800 upward when shift to next gear.

That was solved with misfire detection off at over 3800 rpm in tune.
then did some not so good quartermiles here with best et 10.4@217kmh, that`s on slippery runway again.

like they say, shit same what the problem is, qure is always more horsepower so i started to modify
much small parts to push my truly daily drived to 9`s.

First, i was happy with VTTO parts but wanted something more so i build my own turbo intakes and outlets
from aluminum tubing tapered and fitted to correct size with best flow potential aviable. not easy fit.

Next step was to upgrade parts of GC turbos to more potential flow so i wanted to get
native td04 a/r 60 compressor houseto them and 20t billett gtx compressor wheel fitted on them.
when rebuild of those, i was surpriced that parts on those VTTO GC was in exillent condition,
nothing really wrong with those even i have abused them for some prox 25 000 km, hit boost over 30psi, done
1 mile flatout runs etc.
when i bought those, there was some shit throwing about them as "chinese zage turbos" but theu seemed to be
quite rugged items and truly with upgraded thrust bearings etc so nothing else but just i could recommend them
to my friends.

Third step is on the way now with built semiclosed deck, je pistons, decent rods, fully built head and schricks high lifts
and so on.

head flow should be in range of 235-240cfm without opening runners so much(have access to modern superflow flowbench)got already to
230 levels but i wasn`t satisfied on that)

Then tuning vice, i have some issues on this (even without running new engine yet :) )
Trebila has done my tunes and he is top notch on that but now it start to run on some ground where tuning
needs to be more in realtime than copy mhd tunes to dme.

I have done some playing with tunerpro rt and obd2 and what`s missing seems first to be
adx definition file to correct connect laptop to dme. have someone succesful here done
tunerpro-ijeos dme connection on tunerpro, what adx file was used and what is to be done
to get it work ?

Second question should go propably to Tony at VTTO but schrick cam vanos settings, is there somewhere
to be found advises to them or map to start with ? closest setup for sure is Tonys fully built 9.5 compression
record twin GC engine so there could be best match.

-me-