N54 coolant relocation tank for 335i&135i

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
Are you looking to do inlets? Or what about a single turbo on your N54? Both of these require the coolant tank to be relocated to the driver side of the car. Due to this the charge pipe might get in the way. Well now there is a solution that will allow you to use almost any charge pipe you
want while still being able to do the coolant relocation. Plus this tank will help dress up the engine bay.

extank2_BOXIMAGE_large.jpg

product11_large.jpg

https://swbperformance.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/bmw-n54-billet-expansion-tank

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Nice Ken, thanks for the info. SWBimmers are a solid, solid group of guys so I'd vouch for anything they have a hand in. Is the res sensor deleted and then just short wires to prevent error with this tank?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Looks like machined finish is 450. Although, I have no use for this since I've got a bottom mount.

Skeletors_e90

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
Florida
The level sensor? Where you would have to splice into anyway to do the relocation anyway on other kits. Plus the tank has a level sight gauge on it.

Precision raceworks sells a PnP harness that allowed me to keep my sensor in my relocated 335d tank. For this kind of money, it should incorporate the sensor or at least have an option for it when purchasing. I'm all about some billet and would like to see this installed.

Reactions: b1mmr

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Precision raceworks sells a PnP harness that allowed me to keep my sensor in my relocated 335d tank. For this kind of money, it should incorporate the sensor or at least have an option for it when purchasing. I'm all about some billet and would like to see this installed.

Not an easy task. The BMW sensor has been the same for over a decade and the pnp harness is just an extension of the wiring. Machining the internals of the tank that allow the sensor to work and not leak seems to be something vendors haven't wanted to do. Mishi came out with one for E46 years ago and detailed the design process.

To be honest the sensor is for a dummy light. If you know your car well it's not something you'll need.

Reactions: boogashooga

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
The tank as a level sight glass in it so no need for the stock level sensor. Plus the sensor is only 2 wires so grounding them out is supper easy

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
WHAT IS HAPPENING AT SW KEN!
https://swbperformance.myshopify.co...54-billet-intake-manifold?variant=35929472775

I tried to stop by the other day, took some side streets, got lost in that back area, hit a dead end, then did one of those driving with no focus while on the phone things and ended up back in Henderson. Have to head there and give D a hard time tomorrow.
Ya they are working on some new stuff, a lot more to come.
Haha you should have been right there if hit a dead end. Ya you should my car is there right now