Ad: Move Over VBOX, Dragy is here!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I got my Dragy in the mail, $130 from someone who had two. By the way, where the heck are you guys putting the magnets?
tHA61QK.png

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Btw, not sure what parallel universe Terry is living in to end up with 400RMB = $99. How about we just cut the BS and say you charge more just because you can. Not like there is anything wrong with that...

We don't handle the Chinese market or app so have no control over whether vendors there stick to the retail price or not. Normally when someone is caught selling below retail price their resale rights are revoked and in some instances devices they had sold disabled forcing customers to return them. But I don't know how strict they are over there. That is the problem with China, it's hard to control anything, so I'm glad it's not our problem. :)

The $149 intro price for the English version I think is quite reasonable. The normal price is $179. While the hardware is superior to PGEAR ($199 retail) most of the development costs are obviously in the software. And up until a few months ago the VBOX was the primary tool used with a much higher price point.

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
We don't handle the Chinese market or app so have no control over whether vendors there stick to the retail price or not. Normally when someone is caught selling below retail price their resale rights are revoked and in some instances devices they had sold disabled forcing customers to return them. But I don't know how strict they are over there. That is the problem with China, it's hard to control anything, so I'm glad it's not our problem. :)

The $149 intro price for the English version I think is quite reasonable. The normal price is $179. While the hardware is superior to PGEAR ($199 retail) most of the development costs are obviously in the software. And up until a few months ago the VBOX was the primary tool used with a much higher price point.

That vendor sells your JB stuff as well, pretty sure it is a legit reseller selling it at "normal" price. The normal price on your website is $200. Not sure where you are pulling your numbers from Terry.

I am fine with whatever you are charging this for and I get it you guys want a piece of the profit too for promoting it in US. That's just business. Just wish you stop bashing other vendors for doing the same thing, ie VRSF.

Reactions: E90N54Stew

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
I am fine with whatever you are charging this for and I get it you guys want a piece of the profit too for promoting it in US. That's just business. Just wish you stop bashing other vendors for doing the same thing, ie VRSF.

We've had some disagreements with VRSF over the years on Chinese manufactured parts but I got together with Tiago and hashed it out. We have nothing negative say about them. And hopefully, they have nothing negative to say about us. Live and let live. :)

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Reviving this thread: I think it would be pretty handy to utilize this for other racing apps like RaceChrono (Just recently started using it). Would save me from having two different 10 Hz GPS units anyway 🤷‍♂️. Also wondering why the video export (With data overlays) always comes out super choppy/glitchy on anything over 720p. Especially since there's already settings in place for 1080p and 4k recording resolution.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Reviving this thread: I think it would be pretty handy to utilize this for other racing apps like RaceChrono (Just recently started using it). Would save me from having two different 10 Hz GPS units anyway 🤷‍♂️. Also wondering why the video export (With data overlays) always comes out super choppy/glitchy on anything over 720p. Especially since there's already settings in place for 1080p and 4k recording resolution.

I'm guessing a phone just isn't powerful enough running all those things at the same time. Think about it, you're essentially using all of your device's features at once. It can only handle so much. If you feel it, it probably heats up quite a bit while in use. Then again, maybe Im wrong.

I'm all for convenience tho, maybe one day...