MMP Stage 3 Cast Manifolds?

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
You would definitely need a motor, head work, and be lookin for fuel stages 4,5, and 6, to tap these out.
Look at some of the single turbo setups out there that are shooting for 1k whp. The parts are there to handle more than these can dish out

• Dumb
Reactions: Bumbleb

Midshift

Private
Nov 30, 2017
Detroit
Ride
07 E92 335i
These look interesting. The price wasn't too bad either. Looking forward to some dyno sheets in the coming weeks.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Mauricio stated on his facebook page that the cast manifolds are currently shipping with new turbo orders only. Said he's not selling the manifolds alone yet due to limited quantity but will in the future. I asked him about how long until manifolds alone would be available but no response yet.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
So now that they're available who's going to push their limits? I wish I had the money to do so

I already asked Mauricio's customer service rep if he'd be willing to send me a discounted set, and see what they do on my closed deck built motor with twin 450s in tank, PI, and full e85. :innocent:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I was really disappointed that they weren't offered to existing customers, but I shouldn't be surprised. In today's market environment, there is no such thing as loyalty, and only new customers get incentives. I had expected more from MMP.

Kennejp

Jul 7, 2017
Ride
07 e92 335i , 08 135i
Guys really? He hasn't even started shipping the new turbo setups and you already want "incentives" and discounts on literally his first production set.... As a shop that specializes in these cars I can say MMP goes WAY above and beyond when any of my customers have had a issue(much further then any other turbo manufacturers). Give it time.....Maurico will definitely take care of you.

• Agree
Reactions: JBacon335

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
You must not be following. He is only offering these as full turbos and not just the manifolds to existing mmp owners. If you think it's asking for a discount to be able to purchase what was told would be offered, well, I'll refrain from commenting.

I agree mmp is great, I just think it's disappointing that they are offering these to new customers first, and not the existing customer base that has been supporting mmp.

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
it's the first run, chill. I'm sure he'll make good on his word, but let him get the first batch out and I'm sure when he has more exhaust manifolds and housings he'll be doing an offer

• Dumb

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
it's the first run, chill. I'm sure he'll make good on his word, but let him get the first batch out and I'm sure when he has more exhaust manifolds and housings he'll be doing an offer

Do you work for the cable company? :p Yes, he said he would make good on his word, it was just disappointing that he didn't offer them to current MMP owners that have been waiting anxiously for them, and instead only offered them as full sets to new customers. I have no problem waiting, I just thought it was a disservice to existing customers. Why give incentive to people who haven't been a customer already? Because the goal is to gain customers, not retain them now days.

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
I'm sure you're in the minority of people with a stage 3 that really needs to upgrade. which is probably why it was marketed as such with the first run. Give him at least a few weeks before trying to lynch the guy

• Dumb

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Sigh, you're totally missing my point. I have no problem waiting, and I'm not trying to lynch him by any means. As you just said, there is a tiny minority that really need to upgrade, and probably less that would buy them immediately. So, since it won't be a huge impact to quantities, why not let those few guys get the manifolds now? All I said was that it was disappointing that he specifically will not sell to existing customers and only to new ones (kinda how only new customers get good pricing on Cable service, why existing customers have to pay full price). I was surprised at that specifically because MMP IS so great with customers. Maybe he privately made a few concessions for a couple guys, but the public release was no manifold sales. I will probably eventually get the manifolds, but I'm in no hurry. I'm glad he has released these, and I'm excited to see where he goes next.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Guys really? He hasn't even started shipping the new turbo setups and you already want "incentives" and discounts on literally his first production set.... As a shop that specializes in these cars I can say MMP goes WAY above and beyond when any of my customers have had a issue(much further then any other turbo manufacturers). Give it time.....Maurico will definitely take care of you.

That last bit is true.

Also I don't believe I'm entitled to a discount. He's free to say no, it's not the end of the world. But I'm also free to not provide advertising material (high hp dyno sheets from a built motor) for nothing.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Interestingly enough, fully maxed out these come close to the cost of a single turbo $ 4,429.99.

They do look nice.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
So what I don't understand - this is a beautiful piece, mind you, and Mauricio is a top notch guy. But this setup is looking to breathe, and it wants to put down power. The N54 head is ill equipped to run with this, and the power levels these seem to target would seem to indicate head porting and building a bottom end. Where do I have this wrong?

Filippo

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Sigh, you're totally missing my point. I have no problem waiting, and I'm not trying to lynch him by any means. As you just said, there is a tiny minority that really need to upgrade, and probably less that would buy them immediately. So, since it won't be a huge impact to quantities, why not let those few guys get the manifolds now? All I said was that it was disappointing that he specifically will not sell to existing customers and only to new ones (kinda how only new customers get good pricing on Cable service, why existing customers have to pay full price). I was surprised at that specifically because MMP IS so great with customers. Maybe he privately made a few concessions for a couple guys, but the public release was no manifold sales. I will probably eventually get the manifolds, but I'm in no hurry. I'm glad he has released these, and I'm excited to see where he goes next.

think as a business. MMP probably has a much higher profit margin selling full sets of turbos rather than just a set of the manifolds for a fraction of the cost therefore probably a fraction of the profit. In this stage in the game, there is literally 1 batch being made, and it would be completely foolish of a company to take the smaller profit margin on a very very highly demanded product when there is limited supply (1 batch) wait until there is plenty of batches out and plenty of manifolds to go round, and im sure he will start selling them individually.

just cause he said he would sell the manifolds individually doesn't really give you the right to jump to conclusions that they would be available on the first batch. I see it as completely normal and expected to only sell to new customers because well... thats how you make money as a business. just cause im a customer of a business I wouldn't expect them to cut their profit margin for me, that is way too high of an expectation and goes far beyond "customer service" by any stretch of the means

Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
think as a business. MMP probably has a much higher profit margin selling full sets of turbos rather than just a set of the manifolds for a fraction of the cost therefore probably a fraction of the profit. In this stage in the game, there is literally 1 batch being made, and it would be completely foolish of a company to take the smaller profit margin on a very very highly demanded product when there is limited supply (1 batch) wait until there is plenty of batches out and plenty of manifolds to go round, and im sure he will start selling them individually.

just cause he said he would sell the manifolds individually doesn't really give you the right to jump to conclusions that they would be available on the first batch. If you ask me you are being quite ridiculous by thinking that. I see it as completely normal and expected to only sell to new customers because well... thats how you make money as a business. just cause im a customer of a business I wouldn't expect them to cut their profit margin for me, that is way too high of an expectation and goes far beyond "customer service" by any stretch of the means

We can agree to disagree. The turbos with the manifolds are priced $500 higher than the regular stage 3s. If he sold the manifolds for $500, we can presume the margin is kept in tact, and it's also less labor - simply ship them out. No one was asking for a discount or reduced price on anything - only the ABILITY to purchase them. Also, I've said before, I'm fine waiting. This comes down to who gets served first - the potential customer that is waiting for those turbos, or the existing customer waiting for them. The problem is that as a business owner, I'm sure MMP knows you get the potentials while you can, as the existing will likely remain existing customers. We're a captive audience - we'll surely still buy them when they come out - the potential customer may decide to get something else altogether. I TOTALLY understand that from a business perspective, I just think it would have been nice had the very few people that had been waiting a very long time had been able to get them.