Mission Performance announces no bench FXX OBD Flash Tuning

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
IMG_7576-2.jpg
According to Mission Performance, there is support for the N55 immediately and the B58 will have support shortly after. They state, "We have been working on the support for B58 for a while now but dont have the solution yet, but should have it soon.".

To me this sounds like they have partnered with another company providing the OBD flashing exploit hardware for the MEVD17 ECU. I am taking a shot in the dark and am assuming it is this:

https://www.magicmotorsport.com/bmw-x-flasher-obd/

Its discounted to 1900€ until Christmas eve or so and this appears to be the actual technology behind their tunes? This seems like an authorized dealer type of hardware, where you'd go and get your Mission Performance or other tuning company's flashes done. I saw @Alex@abrhouston listed as an official 'distributor' I'll see if he has any info. Either way, that is great news for people with compatible ECUs.

Here is the information on the device:

Supported vehicle models:
BMW: F01, F02, F06, F07, F10, F11, F15, F16, F18, F25, F26, F30, F31, F32, F34, F36, F80, F85, F86 Mini: F55, F56, F57
Supported engine models:
BMW: N13, N20, B47, N47, N55, S55, N57, N63TU, S63TU (excludes only: B48 and B58)
Minimum requirements:
PC requirements:
MCU: Dual Core i3
RAM: 4GB
Ports: 1 x USB2.0 port, 1 x RJ45 Ethernet port
Network: mandatory internet connection (the IP address of the PC must be assigned by the DHCP server)
Vehicle requirements:
Battery recharger required min. 50A

Here is a link to their entire vehicle list:

https://www.magicmotorsport.com/documentation/vehicle-list-bmw-fxx-obd-flasher/

Notably, the B48 and B58 are excluded from this list. This device appears to be tied to the internet for several security reasons, likely all the exploitation is done on the server side so it cannot be easily reverse engineered, which is smart.

valigia-x17-chr.jpg

Reactions: dyezak

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Yes they just partnered with Magic. Same exact tool.

I really can't fathom people paying this much money for something when $100 and a few hours of time gives you exactly the same function. OBD2 flashing

But hey maybe some people would pay that simply out if a few hours convenience

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Willing to bet that price drops real fast. Of people will just wait a month for everyone to have it. Lol. This pricing is clear as day for impulse buyers not really thinking.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yes they just partnered with Magic. Same exact tool.

I really can't fathom people paying this much money for something when $100 and a few hours of time gives you exactly the same function. OBD2 flashing

But hey maybe some people would pay that simply out if a few hours convenience

This is a shop tool only, so no different than what they had before in terms of how customers will acquire a tune, with the exclusion of needing to pull the DME and do 'risky' stuff.

• Disagree
Reactions: ddang06

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
Assuming it has unlimited vehicle flashing with no per-vehicle licensing, it's actually very good value for a professional tuner. For anyone else, it's far too expensive. Hopefully someone will introduce single vehicle options for 1/10th the price soon enough!

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
This is a shop tool only, so no different than what they had before in terms of how customers will acquire a tune, with the exclusion of needing to pull the DME and do 'risky' stuff.

The way it looked like it was being marketed was like 1900 per car or something. I just emailed them again to verify.

Assuming it has unlimited vehicle flashing with no per-vehicle licensing, it's actually very good value for a professional tuner. For anyone else, it's far too expensive. Hopefully someone will introduce single vehicle options for 1/10th the price soon enough!

There is a per car license

EDIT FOR CONTINUITY:

I spoke with Magic and I had it mixed up. Shop tool for $1900 not a per car license my apologies for the confusion

Last edited:

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
We have one of these at work, I use it on a daily basis to read and write cars. As doublespaces says it's a shop tool, no per vehicle licensing.

Edit: We have the full X17 not just the BMW bits

Reactions: doublespaces

MAGICMOTORSPORT

Dec 9, 2017
Ride
Q7 E-Tron, Tesla P100D, Zero D
Hello,
I'm Bogdan from MAGICMOTORSPORT
If you have anyquestions about our new BMW solutions i will try to do my best to make it clear.
Of course, the 1900e tool called BMW Fx OBD flasher is not "single vehicle" flasher, but tool for chiptuners. They can use it instead of removing and opening ecu box. Directly R/W by OBD port.

Here you can check some backstage from presentation made in our Italian HQ 2 days ago to Italian tuners:

Many of the BMW owners are asking us now for the enduser solution. So we are working on it.
Stay tuned...

Best regards
BogdanS

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Hello,
If you have anyquestions about our new BMW solutions i will try to do my best to make it clear.
Of course, the 1900e tool called BMW Fx OBD flasher is not "single vehicle" flasher, but tool for chiptuners. They can use it instead of removing and opening ecu box. Directly R/W by OBD port.

Here you can check some backstage from presentation made in our Italian HQ 2 days ago to Italian tuners:

Many of the BMW owners are asking us now for the enduser solution. So we are working on it.
Stay tuned...

Best regards
BogdanS

Thanks brother. Just got your email. Edited my post above for continuity

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hello,

Stay tuned...

Best regards
BogdanS
Welcome and thank you for clarifying.