Misfire at wot in 3rd need help

N54_Robbie

Jun 1, 2022
I got a 07 335i single turbo from docrace 6266 gen 2, have the FPS stage 3 bucketless duel wilbros (450s) new shotgun pulley system for hpfp with new pump. Brand new fuel pressure regulator for the other side of the fuel tank. New clips and seals for index 12 injectors, new plugs, new coils, new xclutch, gfb 3 electronic boost controller, so if I turn the controller up past 50 on gain it starts misfire under wot in 3rd and the rest the gears but not in 1st-2nd gear. I’m stuck at a loss after spending way more than I want to. I haven’t talked to the tuner since this problem started. He said to replace one of the items but I decided to just replace it all and it still doing the same thing.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Cant see anything wrong with the log besides the rail pressure dip at 3.5k... and you are not hitting target boost, but guess thats not the issue here.

N54_Robbie

Jun 1, 2022
Cant see anything wrong with the log besides the rail pressure dip at 3.5k... and you are not hitting target boost, but guess thats not the issue here.
The target boost is 27 but as soon as the rail pressure dips it’s instant misfire cylinder 4 sometimes it does 3,5,6 misfire. Also went into fuel mode 15

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
You are not chasing a boost leak. As you said, missfire starts with the fuel pressure dip. So it has to be related somehow. Do you know what exactly happen on 3.5k? I am not an expert with PI, but maybe you double check the settings?

EDIT: I just read your initial post again... no PI? So you are on DI only? Maybe the bucketless fuel pumps run out of fuel for a sec.?

Last edited:
Reactions: Keltalon135i

N54_Robbie

Jun 1, 2022
You are not chasing a boost leak. As you said, missfire starts with the fuel pressure dip. So it has to be related somehow. Do you know what exactly happen on 3.5k? I am not an expert with PI, but maybe you double check the settings?

EDIT: I just read your initial post again... no PI? So you are on DI only? Maybe the bucketless fuel pumps run out of fuel for a sec.?
Buckless is just the pumps in the fuel tank and no cover to slow them down. It keeps throwing 2fbe code talked to a buddy he said it needs a software update. Maybe it’s all connected somehow

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Bucketless means, if you are half full of gas you are already low on fuel on WOT... Have you filled it up to the top when the missfire occour?