MHD on Bluestacks

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Has anyone successfully run MHD on bluestacks for windows?

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Had to google bluestacks. Really exciting that a reasonable looking android emulator is available for windows. Opens up options dramatically.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
I got a quote for Syvecs from AMS today. I may be going that route instead of MHD. In the meantime, if anyone tests out bluestacks + MHD please post the results!

noshi

Lurker
Apr 25, 2018
Orlando, FL
Ride
E90 335i
I initially tried to go that route since i didn't have any android devices or phone. Except I used Andy android emulator on a macbook pro. I was able to install mhd, read codes etc, but on the initial write it would fail (had to use winkpf to update ecu to have car running). Bought a bimmergeeks cable and same thing. Did some light troubleshooting and said screw it and got an open box samsung tab e and it worked with both cables. So the issue was with the computer setup. Overall I think it should work especially on a windows setup. I would try blue stacks but it would be like inception. mac->vm_windows->android emulator, to many variables. Even though I think it just might connect. Ill try it out and update the thread if someone doesn't try it before I do.

Ill try it both ways mac route, and ill lug my windows desktop to the garage and try it natively.

Reactions: LoBoost

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
I got a quote for Syvecs from AMS today. I may be going that route instead of MHD. In the meantime, if anyone tests out bluestacks + MHD please post the results!

Don't bother just go syvecs and don't look back. I should have went that route myself

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
If price wasn’t an issue why would you do anything different ?

But given the price differential and feature set they are two very different propositions

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Aren't used Android devices cheap and available everywhere?

Filippo

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Obviously they are. But, Windows doesn’t require an otg cable, doesn’t have to deal with not being able to charge while otg enabled, etc.

I was trying to think outside the box a little for a more permanent installation.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
I don't think the GTR guy is working with the same level of price sensitivity as we are lol

That may be the case, but I'm also looking at this logically, If I were to buy a double barrel shotgun kit with 2 new HPFP's that would cost around 2500$ (to run aux fueling safely), then add in Motiv boost box and flex fuel and that would cost an additional 375$, plus all the MHD modules you need to purchase for single turbo, flex fuel etc. you probably wind up over 3k$ in total expense.

The quote I got for Syvecs is more than 3k, but I'm taking into consideration all the things that MHD cant do. Syvecs has a bluetooth module, NLS, Antilag, rolling launch, flex fuel (I know this is days away for MHD), can control DI and PI together (I bought the DOC Race manifold with PI), no MOSFETS that will fry, etc. Just seems that for a few extra grand I can have everything that MHD can do, plus a whole lot more, and not deal with any of the shortcomings.

Reactions: Bigdaddyaaron

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Make sure to keep us in the loop! These projects always seem to go dark

Will do, I'm overseas until mid October for work, so I'm slowly collecting parts for a full single turbo build when I get home. Unfortunately wont be any news until then.

P.S. I shopped around just about every Syvecs vendor in the USA and AMS had the best price. I was able to order the PNP kit, bluetooth module and calibration switch for less than other retailers were selling just the PNP kit.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Will do, I'm overseas until mid October for work, so I'm slowly collecting parts for a full single turbo build when I get home. Unfortunately wont be any news until then.

P.S. I shopped around just about every Syvecs vendor in the USA and AMS had the best price. I was able to order the PNP kit, bluetooth module and calibration switch for less than other retailers were selling just the PNP kit.

I'm curious how the price lined up with the Black Friday sale Syvecs did when they first released it.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
I'm curious how the price lined up with the Black Friday sale Syvecs did when they first released it.

4793.13$ PNP Kit.
333.13$ Bluetooth Module.
39.96$ 10 Position cal switch.
Plus about 100$ for shipping / insurance.

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Ive used bluestacks on many Windows computers. Every so often you can run into an issue with apps crashing due do something not setup right within the app. And some apps wont run on it. I had MHD running on an older version of BS. But havent gotten it to work on the newest.

Placed my Syvecs order through AMS today!

Are you the person who emailed me about tuning this? Sounds familiar.