Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Nice! So what is different about your approach when taking the trans flash into consideration?

well the main thing is redoing all torque scaling that i used to have to do in order to keep the transmission happy and not have it request torque reductions and boost limiting and etc. Aside from that i need to make sure that old mapping does not cause overboosting with the faster firmer shifting (less lazy) so less time between shifts can cause spiking if the WGDC is too high. Throttle mapping also. Given that the trans is reprogrammed to shift differently, at different points and different sensitivity i would need to make sure that current mapping doesn't cause any surging or unpredictable behavior at lower rpms for day to day driving. Thats just some of the things that should be taken into account when dealing with meshing transmission tuning and engine tuning together. Always needs to be a balance.

I've done tons of trans tuning on fords and etc. and things can get pretty unruly if they aren't meshed well. xHP @RayBan has done a great job thus far with the mapping and has been stellar and very cohesive with working together on this to help progress and make sure all aspects of xHP and MHD mesh well together

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
As always @[MHD Tuning](contact:266872) and myself work hard to bring you guys the best possible solution and product on the market. Given the upcoming closed BETA testing for the Late E owners. Figured i'd wet your palettes a bit more.

Doing some 93oct testing on a Late E-series 135i FBO with Pure Stage 2 Turbo upgrade.

35891865281_449f47d798_c.jpg
MHD Late E-series PS2 Testing 1 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr
35983881466_dd46ebf84f_c.jpg
MHD Late E-series PS2 Testing 2 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
Aside from the unlocking process, how different are the newer DME's from the older ones?

Any tuning differences to take into consideration?

135i_BRRR

Jul 31, 2017
Ride
2012 135i N55 DCT
Is there a way to check which DME you have? My 1 series is a 2012 135i DCT and I checked realoem.com with my VIN and for the MEVD1726 is shows as no parts matching your car and for MEVD172 there are parts available. Is there a way to physically check as well?

From what I gathered this is true as well?
MEVD1726 = Needs one time bench flash
MEVD172 = Flashable

Thank you

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Is there a way to check which DME you have? My 1 series is a 2012 135i DCT and I checked realoem.com with my VIN and for the MEVD1726 is shows as no parts matching your car and for MEVD172 there are parts available. Is there a way to physically check as well?

From what I gathered this is true as well?
MEVD1726 = Needs one time bench flash
MEVD172 = Flashable

Thank you

Real OEM has been accurate thus far. But if your cars build date is Pre 3-2012 then your DME is already flashable. If after that. Then you need a bench flash.

135i_BRRR

Jul 31, 2017
Ride
2012 135i N55 DCT
Real OEM has been accurate thus far. But if your cars build date is Pre 3-2012 then your DME is already flashable. If after that. Then you need a bench flash.

Thank you, on the vin decoder site my car was built in October of 2011. So MHD flash here I come!

Reactions: Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
MHD UPDATE IS LIVE:

- Added XDi pumps support for late E series as flash option.
- Added an e50 maps for N55s with the N54 hpfp (models till 3-2012)
- All maps updated to 1.54 (Valvetronic changes for better idle, part throttle and transient boost response)

Reactions: Jake@MHD and Lucy

switlikbob

Private
Oct 15, 2018
Ride
f87
@Twisted Tuning thanks for this! I am using all of your new features (xdi pump, precision raceworks coils) on my F87 M2. I also have a pure stage 2 turbo. Is there a tune floating around that I could flash to get more than 16 psi on 93 pump fuel?

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
You're running an off the shelf stock turbo map with the PS2? I'd go to his website and buy a custom tune.

switlikbob

Private
Oct 15, 2018
Ride
f87
You're running an off the shelf stock turbo map with the PS2? I'd go to his website and buy a custom tune.
I put this post in the wrong thread, sorry. But yes, it an ots tune. It actually works flawlessly. I'm going to TTFS next week for a custom tune. I was hoping somebody had an OTS ps2 tune.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
If it runs ok now then I'd just wait the week until the custom tune. Who cares about an extra 2 psi for a week.

I didnt think there were any OTS PS2 maps anyway and if there was, no one would be able to just send it to you. Otherwise how would MHD sell OTS maps if one person could buy it and send it to everyone else for free?

switlikbob

Private
Oct 15, 2018
Ride
f87
If it runs ok now then I'd just wait the week until the custom tune. Who cares about an extra 2 psi for a week.

I didnt think there were any OTS PS2 maps anyway and if there was, no one would be able to just send it to you. Otherwise how would MHD sell OTS maps if one person could buy it and send it to everyone else for free?
It was more of a curiosity thing. I can tell you that if I paid for a pure stage 2 map, I wouldn't give it to anyone for free.