It's time for MHD to enter the open beta state on N55 E Series! You'll find below the product description.
The app is in an open beta state. It is fully functional but may need here and there some polish. Currently only the stage 1 maps (stg1 and 1+ for acn91-91-93-95oct) are available.
It won't take long before we add the stage 2 maps, maybe a week. So long the stage 2 maps are not available, you can purchase a stage 2 license and flash the stage 1 maps. And once the stage 2 are available, your stage 2 license will be valid for the stage 2 maps.
The user guide is a good place to start, especially is you need a reliable KDcan cable (page 5 of the user guide, available in the app or at http://www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide
Have fun, drive safe and we're looking forward to your feedback - both in terms of logs and driving experience. The maps will quickly evolve as we get the precious community's feedback.
MHD Flasher is the first Android handheld application to bring ECU tuning and monitoring to the BMW N55 engine for E series. The MHD Flasher reveals the good margin of power BMW left on the table with the N55 while still retaining the sophistication of the original engine management program.
→ Easy to install
Connect any compatible Android device to your car using a standard K+Dcan cable along with an OTG USB adapter, install one of the pre-purchased MHD maps and enjoy the power and performance benefits of the MHD maps by Twisted Tuning.
→ Keep an eye on the tuning
Monitor your engine behavior using a configurable gauges layout to keep an eye on any of the 50+ engine monitors like oil temp, boost pressure, actual load or individual cylinder ignition timing. Activate the logging mode to save up to 50 monitors to a standard CSV file for later analysis. Track issues by reading the error codes, and delete them once resolved.
→ Flash your ECU back to a stock anytime, as often as you need to. No ECU backup is needed.
→ Custom tuning support
As an alternative to built-in maps, many tuners can provide advanced custom mapping for those who have higher or special performance needs.
The MHD Flasher can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hd.flasher.n55
Main features description:
═══ Flasher module ═══
- Flash built-in maps (purchased separately), custom user-tuned .BIN files or JB4 flash maps.
- Provides an ever growing list of handy options like PPK exhaust burble duration or cold start noise reduction.
- Read / delete engine trouble codes.
- Reset adaptation values (Lambda sensors, Lambda regulation, Octane rating, VANOS, Throttle, and Battery).
- 4 minutes map switching; initial install time: 33 mins (this will be improved later)
═══ Monitor module ═══
- Extensive logging values list, up to 50 values at the same time.
- Save logging session to .CSV files
- Integrated csv log viewer
- Up to 8 configurable gauges
- Automatic or manual log session start.
═══ Optional MHD maps packs ═══
- Maps by Twisted tuning
- Stage 1 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants.
- Stage 2 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants. High flow downpipes recommended.
- Ethanol mix map (e30). FMIC+DPs recommended.
Supported vehicles: N55 equipped Exx series.
!!! Important !!! Vehicle equipped with a MEVD1726 DME (built dating from around 03-2012) need a once time DME removal and bench flash to allow OBD flashing. See FAQ below.
2010-2013 135i, 135is and 335i
2013-2015 X1 xDrive 35i
2010-2013 X5 xDrive 35i
2011–2014 X6 xDrive 35i
This racing product is for competition closed course use only.
- 1 device running Android 3.2 and up, USB OTG compatible.
- 1 K+Dcan cable. See page 5 of the user manual for a recommended cable: http://www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide
- 1 USB OTG cable.
Price list (licenses are VIN Locked and stored by Google along your Play store account):
- Flasher module: $199
- MHD maps packs: $49 each. Requires the Flasher module.
- Monitor module: $69
Q: Can I test the connection before making a purchase?
A: Yes, simply tap the MHD Store button. The ECU connection is checked before displaying available purchases.
Q: Does my Android device need to be permanently plugged to the OBD port?
A: No. Once a flash is performed you can unplug your device.
Q: Do I lose my licenses if I delete the app or the Android device breaks?
A: No. licenses are stored online by Google, you can use your purchases on another device as long as you use the same account on Play store.
Q: Do I need to purchase a new license each time I flash a map?
A: No, you can ref lash as many times as needed.
Q: Is a battery charger required?
A: It is highly recommended for long flashes (install, uninstall). A healthy battery will handle short flashes (map changes) fine but the use of a battery charger remains recommended.
Q: How can I determine if the DME is directly flashable or needs a one time bench flash?
A: got to http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select
and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in serial number. Click Browse parts the ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM and check both CONTROL UNITS > MEVD1726 section. If the it says "No parts found matching your car." you have a MEVD172 which is directly flashable.