MHD anti lag ?? Rumors

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Does anyone know if MHD is coming out with antilag for the N54 platform, I seen post on their Instagram about testing but haven’t heard anything. Wedge has standalone but want to know if I should wait? Thanks

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Id just go with wedges antilag. I used it without issues and loved it. Platform is dying imo, who knows if the n54 mhd will ever see antilag, single o2 in downpipe, and the other good stuff to public.

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
What ever happened with the MHD software for knock sensors for built motors? @jyamona

I am not sure I would say the platform is dying. But there is more money to be made on newer vehicles and now every n54 part seems to come from China. There is at least 1 if not 2 new HPFP solutions coming to the market, a cast single turbo top mount manifold from M18, new DR bottom mount ST kit out next month, new DR intake manifold coming out, the RB GoFuckyourselfvtt twins were just released, etc. So development is still continuing.

I am sure MHD does just fine on n54/n55 subscriptions etc. Adding in antilag, single o2, or knock sensors, is for a limited crowd of n54/n55 users and will generate less revenue than focusing on newer vehicles and engines.

Last edited:
Reactions: RuskiRacer

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Also I got the BMP4 controller which was fairly new to eliminate the Hobbs switch to run 2 pumps off the ECU. There is still fairly new products coming for the platform. I will more then likely get wedge standalone. I will be more than happy to pay a premium for new features through mhd.

Reactions: Bullet19

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I am sure MHD does just fine on n54/n55 subscriptions etc. Adding in antilag, single o2, or knock sensors, is for a limited crowd of n54/n55 users and will generate less revenue than focusing on newer vehicles and engines.

I understand mhd moving forward onto newer vehicles and engines, but at least release that stuff to those that have been waiting forever. Don't just dip and say see ya, and leave us hanging. I guess when enough people just give up on waiting there wouldn't be a need right? Like i gave up and just motor swapped. Im still excited if it ever gets released for the n54 friends i have left.

I mean you are correct stuff is still being made, production etc. Just from what I've seen its slowed compared to the b58 for example. I dont see many new e9x posts much anymore like i use too when i started 3 years ago.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
What ever happened with the MHD software for knock sensors for built motors? @jyamona

I am not sure I would say the platform is dying. But there is more money to be made on newer vehicles and now every n54 part seems to come from China. There is at least 1 if not 2 new HPFP solutions coming to the market, a cast single turbo top mount manifold from M18, new DR bottom mount ST kit out next month, new DR intake manifold coming out, the RB GoFuckyourselfvtt twins were just released, etc. So development is still continuing.

I agree.

MHD probably do fine off N54. But if they charged extra for things like single o2, anti lag etc. Even a small amount like $30. I would happily pay that, and I’m sure others would.

hopefully we can all convince them soon!

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I don't see why a single O2 sensor isn't possible. You could alter the code to look at just 1 bank, it should just be a case of altering the bank2 logic to see bank1 inputs.

Also knock sensors tables are all readily available. Tuning them for built motors would be the hard part, not sure MHD could have a preset for each individual combination of pistons and block.

I suppose the holdup with anti-lag is that you need an external input to trigger it. What do other platforms use as a trigger?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
I don't see why a single O2 sensor isn't possible. You could alter the code to look at just 1 bank, it should just be a case of altering the bank2 logic to see bank1 inputs.

Also knock sensors tables are all readily available. Tuning them for built motors would be the hard part, not sure MHD could have a preset for each individual combination of pistons and block.

I suppose the holdup with anti-lag is that you need an external input to trigger it. What do other platforms use as a trigger?
I believe they are all “slow” works in progress.

On newer gen cars I believe a button on the steering wheel MFSW utilises anti lag, correct me if wrong though.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I believe they are all “slow” works in progress.

On newer gen cars I believe a button on the steering wheel MFSW utilises anti lag, correct me if wrong though.
That makes sense. I was just curious as N55/S55 antilag has become a thing since this was updated.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
On the newer cars they must have a steering wheel button that is already mapped into the DME. With the N54 we could use the MDrive button to trigger it as that comes in over CAN but you would have to fit the 1M steering wheel buttons and flash the JBBF as the 1M version.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I just checked and there's already a toggle in the public XDF for single O2. It's under toggles called "Enable Single Rear O2"

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I just checked and there's already a toggle in the public XDF for single O2. It's under toggles called "Enable Single Rear O2"

Thats post cat narrowband that goes in downpipe, Precat/primary wide band is what is in the manifold pre single turbo. Those are what you want as a single o2.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Thats post cat narrowband that goes in downpipe, Precat/primary wide band is what is in the manifold pre single turbo. Those are what you want as a single o2.
So literally just 1 O2 sensor then? I thought people just wanted to go from 4 sensors (2 banks) to 2 sensors (1 bank). If you want to remove all but 1 sensor then you'd have to remove the downstream O2 sensor functionality.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
So literally just 1 O2 sensor then? I thought people just wanted to go from 4 sensors (2 banks) to 2 sensors (1 bank). If you want to remove all but 1 sensor then you'd have to remove the downstream O2 sensor functionality.
We currently don't have 1 single bank o2, just 1 single rear not single front.
We want single bank primary and secondary.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I'd more than happy to wire in a button to get antilag if that is the only thing holding them back from doing it/ releasing it. I think i saw a writeup on how to do it, I just didn't really understand it. Ill probably go read it again.

They should release the wiring that needs to be done along with a flash option. Give people the option, even if its not factory. I think it's just a resistor inline with the iat sensor. Idk what size or if anything else is needed.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I'd more than happy to wire in a button to get antilag if that is the only thing holding them back from doing it/ releasing it. I think i saw a writeup on how to do it, I just didn't really understand it. Ill probably go read it again.

They should release the wiring that needs to be done along with a flash option. Give people the option, even if its not factory. I think it's just a resistor inline with the iat sensor. Idk what size or if anything else is needed.
5 pin relay with resistor.
Hit up wedge performance. He sells the antilag kit and custom tune.

Reactions: GreyNBlueE92

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i

A lot of us are on this page i believe. I'd be willing to buy a relay kit if it would allow it to be a flash option.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Any chance anyone knows what size resistor? Tried to buy one but he won't sell me one without a custom tune. I tune my own car so that's kind of annoying but whatever...

There's a couple threads on the "other" forum but no definitive answer just a suggestion for a 5k resistor and a suggestion for a 2k resistor... Might just have to start ordering stuff to see what works...

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Any chance anyone knows what size resistor? Tried to buy one but he won't sell me one without a custom tune. I tune my own car so that's kind of annoying but whatever...

There's a couple threads on the "other" forum but no definitive answer just a suggestion for a 5k resistor and a suggestion for a 2k resistor... Might just have to start ordering stuff to see what works...

How much is a tune from him and the antilag kit?