MHD 2 step/NLS realistic eta?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
The fact is no one else has it figured out in the DME. All the other stuff is really an incomplete solution so I’ll be waiting for J to finish. If he or someone else doesn’t get it done I simply won’t buy it and go without. @Tony@VargasTurboTech I'm trying hard to like you and I do but man you make it hard. I know it doesn’t matter to you but it makes me disinclined to buy your gear.
I am not here to make friends. I know very few of you personally, that doesn't bother me

If me saying congrats to Jake for fixing a "safety" problem with the WOTbox that doesn't exist. If he wants to say he made something better, go ahead. When you say you have made it "safer" than a product that is literally used safely on hundreds of platforms, smart coils, dumb coils doesn't matter. Its used across the board with no issues makes you not like me, oh well.

If me calling him out for saying he had this close to figured out 3 years ago, and he still has nothing available makes you not like me, oh well.

Seems like people want to be coddled. Wah Tony is a jerk, he stated some hard facts about a guy we all think is doing very good work on the platform. Oh well.

People that actually buy our products really like me, because we take care of them, and their cars are faster than the competition, our dealers also really like us, because we sell them a LOT of turbos, and they have close to zero failure rate.

If you want to believe people like the idiot below your post, and above my post about our product longevity. Just click N54 for the forum, and the thread "highest milage twins" see what companies name is coming up the most.

Fact is, most people get offended by me because I do not give a fuck to hand hold, to coddle, to do anything. I have my opinions, and I state facts.

Facts are, The WOTbox is not unsafe at all. Incomplete solution, it may be but the solution jake claims he has that makes 32 psi instantly is vaporware, and not even an incomplete solution until it is actually released. Both Facts. If you that offends you, yes maybe it's better you buy elsewhere... If that offends you, sorry

Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
tony you can state what you think and call people out more reasonably and you will likely sell more as a result.

As it stands I think anyone thinking about buying from you has just been turned away by your negative attitude.

You say you don’t care but we know better. Otherwise you wouldn’t be in here telling people how they don’t know stuff and that you do. Deep down you’re just like anyone else a little boy looking for approval.

• Agree
Reactions: TEC and VACust

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Drama aside the JB4's rolling anti-lag and NLS functionality kill it at runway events. They are two of our most complimented features when I talk to people using them at races.

The JB4 2STEP is hit and miss, definitely needs more work. So few people launch manual cars on slicks though. Most people just use it as a noise maker and in that regard it works great. :)

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Drama aside the JB4's rolling anti-lag and NLS functionality kill it at runway events. They are two of our most complimented features when I talk to people using them at races.
Now we just need an N55 option.

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Eh. Having used the JB4's "features" for God only knows how long, they left a lot to be desired. I'll stick to dumping throttle on shifts, and being happy flash only.

Reactions: veer90

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Do we need rev limiter adjustment, spark retard or no coil charge for this? I have tended to avoid this noisy stuff, but if people want it...
I couldn't tell you what all it actually takes. I've definitely been keeping up with all the work you've done over in the N55 section.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
lol @ the entire first page of this thread

lol x 10 @ Tony claiming the wotbox is safe

I had a wotbox for precisely 500 miles. During that time I had more superknocking codes than I could count whenever I used the 2-step or NLS. Changed spark plugs, coils, etc etc thinking it was an ignition problem. In the end it was... drumroll... wotbox interrupting a charging coil causing significant timing advance like v8bait and Jake have stated in other threads.

and then my hub spun. and no funs were had. so I sold my wotbox to some dude with an SRT4 and just launch at 4-5k now lmao

• Agree
Reactions: 08_335i

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Eh. Having used the JB4's "features" for God only knows how long, they left a lot to be desired. I'll stick to dumping throttle on shifts, and being happy flash only.

Always like to hear feedback from unhappy customers so we can further improve the JB4 firmware and user experience. Which features didn't you like?

To keep it topical cycling power to the coils + retarding timing is a lot of fun, lol.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Always like to hear feedback from unhappy customers so we can further improve the JB4 firmware and user experience. Which features didn't you like?

To keep it topical cycling power to the coils + retarding timing is a lot of fun, lol.

Yikes, would not want to cycle power to coils on my car. Much safer option will soon be available to all. RPM won't shoot around like that, and it's very customizable.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
So any progress?
Judging by what @jyamona said in the thread about using flexfuel for meth injection, it sounds like it should *actually* be all figured out now. AFAIK the biggest thing contributing to 2-stepping ala pro rally cars is COMPLETELY cutting timing, so if we can temporarily do that + keep dumping fuel (which burble has shown is easy to do) we should be good to go. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine-tuned and tweaked down the line just because Jake likes to keep improving on MHD, but assuming it can be safely and easily activated it sounds like its right around the corner.
Yikes, would not want to cycle power to coils on my car. Much safer option will soon be available to all. RPM won't shoot around like that, and it's very customizable.
What does one have to do to get access to all these fun beta features? Lol. I've had my fair share of highly-desires alpha and beta invites in various things but MHD beta stuff would probably top the list for excitement.