MFactory LSD Group Buy

msteelio91

Jan 31, 2018
Ride
2013 BMW 135i 6MT
I'm interested in a diff for my 2013 135i 6mt, can I get the diff only and then install it into the carrier? Or do I need to get the whole pumpkin since I have the large welded unit? If I can get just the diff, what do I need to do to make that work?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
How do they go about old bearings if you do the core charge or do you have to buy new bearings if not sending yours in first?

• Love
Reactions: semaj

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Just to clarify, I could send my diff to Synchrotech in AZ, no core charge, they'll install the MFactory LSD, and then send my diff back to me? $1700 for the welded pumpkin is about a grand less than a Quaife from VAC. The MFactory LSD is a similar style to a Quaife too isn't it?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Sorry for the delayed responses, I'm currently on vacation and the Internet is spotty at best. I'll be home on Friday when I'll be able to resume processing orders. The list should be up to date.

Thank you for offering this, @doublespaces!

1) I would like to order one for my '08 335xi: MT-Welded-Large-3.08 (Diff Sticker ID 7571186-01):
http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/E92-308-07-MT-LSD-Differential-Assembly-E92-215-308.htm

2) How many orders do you need to collect before they can be submitted?

3) If you don't need to wait for a number of order requests, when are you planning on closing the group buy and submitting the order?

4) I bank with Chase. Please let me know how and when you would like the payment sent.
I'm submitted orders now, I suspect I'll leave this open for a few more weeks.

I'm interested in a diff for my 2013 135i 6mt, can I get the diff only and then install it into the carrier? Or do I need to get the whole pumpkin since I have the large welded unit? If I can get just the diff, what do I need to do to make that work?

You can buy the diff but you'll need a cnc machine to free the ring gear, I cannot comment on that process.

Just to clarify, I could send my diff to Synchrotech in AZ, no core charge, they'll install the MFactory LSD, and then send my diff back to me? $1700 for the welded pumpkin is about a grand less than a Quaife from VAC. The MFactory LSD is a similar style to a Quaife too isn't it?

Correct however they are in California. They may be able to sell you a shipping label at their price as well.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Add me to the list as well, 135i manual, welded large 3.08
Your order shipped today by UPS.

For everyone else who is curious, Synchrotech charged me today and have provided a tracking number today for this customer who paid the core fee on a welded diff. This tells me they already have machined diffs in stock, but how many, I do not know as that depends on the type of core you require.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
How do they go about old bearings if you do the core charge or do you have to buy new bearings if not sending yours in first?

Sorry, I missed this. I asked a similar question already and this was the response:

If they decide they want new bearings they would need to purchase the master kit build option at an additional cost. All the regular builds I have quoted you on use the bearings that came with the core originally, we do inspect them and make sure they are in working condition. Bearings rarely ever go bad in these carriers.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I want in on this, 07 335i. Bolted Large Pumpkin 3.46

Thank you for offering this, @doublespaces!

1) I would like to order one for my '08 335xi: MT-Welded-Large-3.08 (Diff Sticker ID 7571186-01):
http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/E92-308-07-MT-LSD-Differential-Assembly-E92-215-308.htm

2) How many orders do you need to collect before they can be submitted?

3) If you don't need to wait for a number of order requests, when are you planning on closing the group buy and submitting the order?

4) I bank with Chase. Please let me know how and when you would like the payment sent.

Please put me in for 1 welded DCT pumpkin for 135

All three of these orders payments have cleared and I've submitted the orders over to Synchrotech. Now I wait for them to charge my card and fulfill. Once I get tracking numbers for your orders I will email them to you.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Reactions: KevinC39

once-ler

Lurker
Sep 18, 2017
Ride
'08 E90 335XI
My welded manual pumpkin arrived yesterday. It was nicely packaged, and I was pleased to see that the $150 shipping to IN included return shipping, since I was not looking forward to finding out how much it costs to mail out a 100lb package. I'll be mailing my core back tomorrow and will let you know how long it takes to get back the $500 core charge.

Reactions: doublespaces

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
My welded manual pumpkin arrived yesterday. It was nicely packaged, and I was pleased to see that the $150 shipping to IN included return shipping, since I was not looking forward to finding out how much it costs to mail out a 100lb package. I'll be mailing my core back tomorrow and will let you know how long it takes to get back the $500 core charge.

No kidding? They included the return label? I'm also in Indiana and mine should be here next week. That's going to make life so much easier and quicker to get it back to them.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

No kidding? They included the return label? I'm also in Indiana and mine should be here next week. That's going to make life so much easier and quicker to get it back to them.

If this is true, I didn't even know. I'm glad to hear you got your differential okay!

once-ler

Lurker
Sep 18, 2017
Ride
'08 E90 335XI
Yeah, they included a UPS return label in the package with the "BILLING: P/P" option on it, which google tells me means prepaid. If you call Synchrotech when you are ready to make the return, they'll set up a UPS pickup. However, I'm just going to drop it at the UPS store near my home. I'll let you know if I run into any issues when I do the core return tomorrow.

@doublespaces, do I just tag the LSD with my name, phone number & "SpoolStreet", or are there any other steps you or I need to take before making the return?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah, they included a UPS return label in the package with the "BILLING: P/P" option on it, which google tells me means prepaid. If you call Synchrotech when you are ready to make the return, they'll set up a UPS pickup. However, I'm just going to drop it at the UPS store near my home. I'll let you know if I run into any issues when I do the core return tomorrow.

@doublespaces, do I just tag the LSD with my name, phone number & "SpoolStreet", or are there any other steps you or I need to take before making the return?
Please include all your contact information. For good measure write SpoolStreet on it as they will likely be crediting me directly.