Methanol Diagnosis Help

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
having a issue with my meth system.im running a bms with fsb with dual nozzles,nothing crazy.started getting low flow on logs.thought it was the seals.changed the head,still same thing,I had a spare pump and still getting low flow.i was using 7/5 for priming to check psi.i have a gauge installed on the out of the meth pump.is reading 20psi only.Anyone with a bms kit or with some knowledge on if I can check anything else to make sure it's not something else.or does the priming the pump doesn't give full flow.

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
Been really busy with family and work,haven't had time.Installed pump the other day and is purged and ready,should be able to test tonight.i went with coolingmist 1.3 gpm.was 120.00 from bms.i did look into ProMeth pump but at a 170.00 price tag.did speak with few people and they all say a coolingmist pump is good enough so...will see. It's just frustrating,I just installed my VM Single Turbo kit and was running a cm10/cm05 setup for about a week,so decided to swap out the cm05 with a cm07 and that's when I started to have low flow issues.i even tried just a cm10 nozzle,same thing.technically the pump is about5/6yrs old and in winter the car is garaged till spring so,am told the meth sitting could cause issue,hope that's it.i did everything else lol.
Its very likely that you just needed a new pump, im surpised it lasted 6 years. mine is abount 4 years old ( bought it used last year) and I have a feeling that its time to upgrade, I was thinking of using one of the advertised 300 psi pumps (230 psi actual at 12v)

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
well finally tested car this morning.I hate my F*%KING car.with new pump same shit.Now for some reason its hitting lean afr.This is VERY FRUSTRATING at this moment.Sucks i have a Single turbo car that i cant enjoy & mind you i dont drive it much,so when i do i am not in my happy place.Also usually on weekends seems Terry doesnt reply much on weekends so my thread will probably wait till at least Monday if i post a csv log.So to recap.I replaced everything on Meth kit except for the FSB controller,i did check fuse in that which was fine.Ill post over there and hope for some feedback today.No sense in driving my car till some direction to take.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
What exactly does the meth flow do? Can you post a csv log? I've said it over and over again bit if I change stuff out like a fitting I sometimes get air I just can't get rid of without tone and tons of bleeding.
Please just try taking a large bottle and fill and Re dump into the tank over and over like 8 to 10 times.. A it can just cause a steady low flow of say 80 it can also cause it to jump wildly

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
heres a log.Yes i purged a whole 1 gallon tank worth,but not only meth issue but now hitting lean.
That is a leak or a air dude.. With out the car in front of me I can be sure but do like I said bleed it over and over and over like 10 time and do a pull. See if flow improves.. If not more than likely a leak. It like much more like a leak than air to be honest. Air it jumps wildly.. A leak looks just like that. Add a food coloring to your meth so it leaves a hint of where it's coming from. The meth dries so fast you can't find it or add some washer concentrate

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
That is a leak

That is a leak or a air dude.. With out the car in front of me I can be sure but do like I said bleed it over and over and over like 10 time and do a pull. See if flow improves.. If not more than likely a leak. It like much more like a leak than air to be honest. Air it jumps wildly.. A leak looks just like that. Add a food coloring to your meth so it leaves a hint of where it's coming from. The meth dries so fast you can't find it or add some washer concentrate
Ok then ill just keep purging it.i never had a purging issue but anything is possible.will give that a shot,thanks

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
as for a leak,i ran a whole new line from trunk to engine bay with compression fittings so definitely can say no leak,and i insulated the line with clear tubing and is strapped along underneath.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Here's what it looked like before I ran it.

20170701_084648.jpg
20170701_084102.jpg
20170701_084701.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I gotta say that's a lot better than other guys have done lol.. Do a shit load of bleeding not saying to fix it but to rule it out. If nothing else see if you get improvements after say bleeding 4 or 5 tanks through..
I have noticed some weird meth heppenings with the latest jb4 mobile update.. The first time I see My boost pressure even if I'm not wot my meth flow shoots up to 100 @Terry@BMS

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
due to me have afr codes(leaning out) with single turbo i have been diagnosing that.still sorting out the issues.but after thats taken care of will address the meth issue for sure.want to make sure car is running healthy before i push it ;)

I can only assume but the the tune has to be using meth to fuel correct? If that's the case then your low meth flow might be your lean condition

Sorry I'm really looking like a serious meth addict right now huh lol

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I can only assume but the the tune has to be using meth to fuel correct? If that's the case then your low meth flow might be your lean condition

Sorry I'm really looking like a serious meth addict right now huh lol

LOL yeah meth is addicting.yes i use meth for fuel at this time to runover 18 psi.pi in future for sure.so what happened was before further testing meth i decided to put on map 2(JB4) to see how car is running,at that time on log i notice both banks primary were pinned on log,plus i could feel it in my car the way it was running,i new something wasnt rite after i did a log.i made another thread on 02 codes.thats why i put the meth on hold till i can get car running good at low boost.believe me i want to push more boost.im a family man and have to balance both my hobbys and time with them :), its killing me but slowly am working on it.plus weather here has sucked during the week with rain so dont take car out to tune.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
LOL yeah meth is addicting.yes i use meth for fuel at this time to runover 18 psi.pi in future for sure.so what happened was before further testing meth i decided to put on map 2(JB4) to see how car is running,at that time on log i notice both banks primary were pinned on log,plus i could feel it in my car the way it was running,i new something wasnt rite after i did a log.i made another thread on 02 codes.thats why i put the meth on hold till i can get car running good at low boost.believe me i want to push more boost.im a family man and have to balance both my hobbys and time with them :), its killing me but slowly am working on it.plus weather here has sucked during the week with rain so dont take car out to tune.

Say no more I'm a single father.. I have custody of my son and have zero time!!

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Ok,wanted to let yall know that i fixed my problem,Finally had some alone time to figure this pita issue with my meth setup.With the help of Terry(BMS).I posted a new log for Terry to see the other day and told him that im running new methpump,new solenoid,new meth line,no clog.He found my FUD was set wrong,i had the bit4(which is the Aquamist setting for meth)on instead of disabled.for some reason i couldnt disable it,i would check it to no and save and would stay checked,thats why it was showing lower flow.So with Terrys help he told me how to reset all to 0 & that way it worked.just logged and car is back to killer mode.Loving my Single turbo again :)Terrys gonna look into that if theres a glitch happening.wish i could of fixed this earlier but glad that its fixed now.

Reactions: Tuppidsay

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Ok,wanted to let yall know that i fixed my problem,Finally had some alone time to figure this pita issue with my meth setup.With the help of Terry(BMS).I posted a new log for Terry to see the other day and told him that im running new methpump,new solenoid,new meth line,no clog.He found my FUD was set wrong,i had the bit4(which is the Aquamist setting for meth)on instead of disabled.for some reason i couldnt disable it,i would check it to no and save and would stay checked,thats why it was showing lower flow.So with Terrys help he told me how to reset all to 0 & that way it worked.just logged and car is back to killer mode.Loving my Single turbo again :)Terrys gonna look into that if theres a glitch happening.wish i could of fixed this earlier but glad that its fixed now.

There is definitely a glitch like I said a few posts ago! With one of the newer mobile. Updates I noticed I have been showing meth flow not at WOT
Just as my boost set point even at part throttle which is not correct
So happy you figured it out pal I know it's daunting but all worth it in the end! I'm happy for you!