Mechanical causes for timing corrections? Need some help figuring out the cause

Empire087

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022
Much better. Still your fuel delivery is maxed out at 3.5k to 4k. Keep an eye on it not to run short on fuel there.
When you say fuel delivery is maxed out, ie: fuel rail pressure dips slightly, and then regains after the hpfp picks up? Is it possible I actually am delivering more air than the hpfp can keep up with? I sent this log to my tuner, and will see what they want to do from here.

Also jeffman, same fuel a month ago was giving the same results as the 91 which is wonk. But I figured I'd give it a shot again. It's THE station I prefer the fill up at, as it's consistently busy.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Sorry - i was wrong. Your short term fuel trims acutally show that you have plenty of fuel (as the trims are negative)... its just the ECU maxed out on the fuel trims - which means, ECU cannot take any more fuel out of the chamber. -34 and +34 are the limits STFT wise. -34 means ECU is maxed out by trying to get less fuel into the chamber. +34 means, ECU is maxed out by trying to get more fuel into the chamber.

At this point you have too much fuel added as boost increase and plenty of air is incoming - ECU trying to maintain AFR targets. Anyway, talk to the tuner... i bet they can do better.

Empire087

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022
Sorry - i was wrong. Your short term fuel trims acutally show that you have plenty of fuel (as the trims are negative)... its just the ECU maxed out on the fuel trims - which means, ECU cannot take any more fuel out of the chamber. -34 and +34 are the limits STFT wise. -34 means ECU is maxed out by trying to get less fuel into the chamber. +34 means, ECU is maxed out by trying to get more fuel into the chamber.

At this point you have too much fuel added as boost increase and plenty of air is incoming - ECU trying to maintain AFR targets. Anyway, talk to the tuner... i bet they can do better.
Gotchya, also I really appreciate the help on the input. I'm just knowledgeable enough with n54 stuff to be dangerous at this point lol.

Reactions: Slowagon54