• Total voters

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Who would be interested in a Max Cool Mode app

Something that turns on your water pump and fan on full blast while you stage up at a drag race / half mile race or roll race.

At the moment its really a royal pain you either have to flash your tune with track mode on and reflash with sports cooling after when you want to go home.

JB4 has this feature which is an option but I don't want a piggy back on my car.

So I was toying with the idea of an app, I have contacted mhd and they are going to discuss it and maybe in the near future make something but I need something now.

I'm willing to pay to get something like this developed or even pay mhd to develop a extra module for their app

So with this you could turn max cool mode on and off without flashing and with in the app

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: titium and Mikenazz

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
If its possible, id suggest to have different modes for the cooling target and fan on/off when cycling through sport and auto, similar to the 2 different burble settings on auto cars. Manual cars are out of luck though.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
VSobVKH.jpg

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
It would be good in situations where you have to cool down quickly while sitting in traffic in the heat of summer with ambient temps north of 100f

Hit the button cool down the iat's while not moving

Maybe set it up with a timer like 2, 3 or 5 min

• Dumb
Reactions: titium

bradsm87

Corporal
Dec 15, 2016
What's wrong with sport mode? Why would you want to lower your coolant temp in traffic? There are already multiple modes that target lower coolant temp at higher ambient temp. Aldo high+kft mode kicks in automatically when you drive hard too.

Do you just mean to max the thermo fan to get better IAT for open filters? Can do that without lowering coolant temp target.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Not so much coolant but fan and not so much for traffic but staging up at the drag/roll races while waiting in line watching your iat's soar

Lining up for 10 to 20 min and It does not matter how big your ic is even with sports mode on and starting a race with high iat's is crazy

Next time at the drags and waiting in line for 10 + min watch your coolant sit at around 200 to 210 in sports mode and your iats soar to 120+ with ambient temps of 100 to 110f now that doesn't really mimic road conditions when your trying to get some logs to see how your car is performing, now it would be nice to lower your coolant temps/ intake temps to what your run on the street.

Trying to pull a log through all the gears on the street with most likely see your licence taken away from you for at least 12 months where we live so the only place to do stuff like this is at the track

We have one of the strictest countries anywhere in the world when it comes to road rules, so the only place we have is the track and its usually packed

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn