M Mode N54 DCT enabled...

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So, you have a more relaxed traction/stability control feature, more or less? Have you been able to discern the difference?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
So, you have a more relaxed traction/stability control feature, more or less? Have you been able to discern the difference?

It has the relaxed stability control along with the one button click access to setting shiftlogic, power, and DSC settings (those are the ones that came active with the IKM0S BIN flash).

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Is this the hybrid ROM from @jyamona untuned? MDM too?

For proof of concept I just took a base IKM0S bin, renamed it to be my "original", then used MHD to "flash back to stock". That put the 1M BIN on my DME but I think there are probably some checksums that aren't correct so it's not fully functional. I just did it to see what happened and it proved that the DME flash is the key to activating all this stuff.

Now we just need the MHD option to really flash the IKM0S to a non 1M so that checksums are calculated correctly and the BIN is fully functional.

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
For proof of concept I just took a base IKM0S bin, renamed it to be my "original", then used MHD to "flash back to stock". That put the 1M BIN on my DME but I think there are probably some checksums that aren't correct so it's not fully functional. I just did it to see what happened and it proved that the DME flash is the key to activating all this stuff.

Now we just need the MHD option to really flash the IKM0S to a non 1M so that checksums are calculated correctly and the BIN is fully functional.

Nicely done!

Do you know if @jyamona is actively working on the MHD option? I pm'ed him about making one for me but I don't want to step on any toes in the process and he never got back to me about it. I'm assuming by going through MHD he can get paid for and not have to do a custom ROM for every instance? I'm not up to speed on exactly what needs to be done and if my tune could be incorporated directly into it but I'm dying to get this last piece done. Just need to run the Power lead.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
This will most likely never be an official MHD feature, but rather a one off created by me on and individual basis. I've done similar for a few DCT swap users who then needed to run INA0S instead of IJ.

Reason being, the core of MHD is coded around your ZB number, allowing you to easily upgrade to the latest ZB, return to stock, apply locked map changes while maintaining your regional settings, etc. Switching rom types, like IN -> IK puts you in a different ZB root tree.

Reactions: Hydra Performance

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Don’t care about flash back to stock. Happy to pay for it. Lemme know when you have some time. I’m sure LMB335IS is the same as me

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
This will most likely never be an official MHD feature, but rather a one off created by me on and individual basis. I've done similar for a few DCT swap users who then needed to run INA0S instead of IJ.

Reason being, the core of MHD is coded around your ZB number, allowing you to easily upgrade to the latest ZB, return to stock, apply locked map changes while maintaining your regional settings, etc. Switching rom types, like IN -> IK puts you in a different ZB root tree.

Whenever you're available and ready, I am. Just a couple questions about incorporating my present tune and the ability of my tuner to be able to access the bin and make changes if/when necessary are really my only concerns.

Don’t care about flash back to stock. Happy to pay for it. Lemme know when you have some time. I’m sure LMB335IS is the same as me
This, exactly.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Pretty much what they said ^^.

I think we realize that we are a small handful of crazy people who need this and the footprint for a feature like this isn't very big.

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Whenever you're available and ready, I am. Just a couple questions about incorporating my present tune and the ability of my tuner to be able to access the bin and make changes if/when necessary are really my only concerns.

You're tuner will tune it as if it is just an ordinary IKM0S bin. All the special sauce to make it work on your car happens at flash time in MHD, if allowed for your VIN.

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
You're tuner will tune it as if it is just an ordinary IKM0S bin. All the special sauce to make it work on your car happens at flash time in MHD, if allowed for your VIN.

I'm all in. I'm currently on the MHD INA0S bin version, upgraded from the ILA0S_IS original bin. I can pm you my VIN if you need to check it.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah, probably interested here also. But I doubt there is any tuner that has DCT IK rom experience?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Yeah, probably interested here also. But I doubt there is any tuner that has DCT IK rom experience?
I don’t think it actually matters to be honest. As long as they have experience tuning N54 IKMOS and I think more importantly DCTs on N54 they should be able to do a good job

• Agree
Reactions: kimgaegul