Looking at getting a set of RB Twos soon....suggestions on a tuner?

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
I've been talking to Rob and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of RB Two's soon. I'm trying to do some research ahead of time on who might be a good tuner to use....someone that can respond fast, and isn't backed up so much that it takes weeks to get tune revisions back to me. I've got a pretty standard setup.....nothing exotic. Looking for around 500hp, so with the RB Twos that should be pretty doable.

Suggestions for tuners that I could reach out and communicated with?

Thanks!

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Why not buy some Wu flu choo choo boys from VTT? Take one for the team.

You can't go wrong with V8bait though, I love my ethanol tune from him.

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
For the small upcharge in price, I would rather not roll the dice on a set of cheap turbos.....and I've never heard a bad thing about RB turbos, and I can't say that for VTT and certainly not the cheap ebay 17t turbos.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Reach out to V8Bait. I got tuned by him and will get retuned when I install my single kit.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yep, I shot him an email yesterday....just waiting to hear back from him.
@chrisdfv is the man if you want a good responsive tuner. He's sent me multiple revisions each day i send him logs and want something tweaked . Dialed in a 19t car for a customer quickly and my 6875 single turbo is feeling much better after he worked his sauce

Cal1415

Private
Dec 25, 2016
You should ask a guy called Ian Quinn because he has done tons of research on turbos by asking hundreds of questions on FB groups recently. His conclusion was the upgraded VIV 19t turbos.

• Funny
Reactions: JohnDaviz

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
Sure did.

I don't think v8bait is tuning much anymore.
Nope...I think my car was one of the last ones he tuned before he got out of the tuning game. It's a shame...that guy knew his stuff. My car was running 10's with nothing but RB twos and bolt-ons.......but after a couple of years, the a piston ringland decided to crack. Going with forged internals, so hopefully no more issues.