Lithiumax 850CCA Lithium Ferrous Phosphate Battery review.

bantam

Corporal
Nov 20, 2017
Ride
2009 335i
Yeah, I mean what I said, just an experiment though, I can go back to front mount if the rear mount is completely ineffective

bantam

Corporal
Nov 20, 2017
Ride
2009 335i
If it works, it could be a novel concept for some track guys that have issues with cooling due to limited frontal area/intercooler blocking half of the radiator.

Lithiumax

Oct 2, 2019
Ride
E92 M3
I think he is assuming your bathroom scale is in lbs... 24kg to lb = 52lbs for the stock 760cca battery.

The Li battery is about 7lbs? Sounds about right for that CCA. You can get a 400-500CCA Li battery that weight about 5lbs for $200. That will crank the car just fine in warm weather. If you really need to drive your car in the winter it wont work well at all (I've tried it) but you can just drop the stock battery back in.

Hiya, just came across this thread and wanted to clarify that what you are referring to here is a motorcycle battery and not suitable for automobiles at all. Here is the info from the product pages of this unit. Max charge rate 10A.

Product Summary

This unique Deltran Battery Tender® 12V Lithium Engine Start Battery is up to 80% lighter than comparably powered lead-acid batteries, making transport a breeze. The 26–35Ah long-life battery delivers 480 CCA and is ideal for use with motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, lawn mowers and generators. Not for use in automobiles. CE and UN 38.3 approved.

Features + Benefits
Top of page

Super lightweight design for exceptional portability
Quad terminal configuration makes it very easy to install, allowing it to be mounted in any direction
Delivers 2000+ deep cycles at 80% depth of discharge
Lithium battery won't accumulate damaging lead sulfate on the plates like a standard lead-acid battery
Delivers up to 5X the life of a comparable lead-acid battery
Designed to operate in 32° to 140°F temperatures
Max. charge rate of 10 Amps
6.49in.L x 3.38in.W x 5.11in.H

Lithiumax batteries on the other hand are designed for automobiles and have considerably higher Ah capacity and sophisticated BMS systems for that purpose. We also have a motorcycle/Powersports battery that has enough punch to start high compression V8s but there is no way we would recommend that for anything other than a small Formula, open wheel race car, for ultimate light weight, as weighs only 800g (2lbs).

Lithiumax are opening in the US next month so we will be able to ship by road to 48 States and Canada from December/January.

Last edited:

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Hiya, just came across this thread and wanted to clarify that what you are referring to here is a motorcycle battery and not suitable for automobiles at all. Here is the info from the product pages of this unit. Max charge rate 10A.

Product Summary

This unique Deltran Battery Tender® 12V Lithium Engine Start Battery is up to 80% lighter than comparably powered lead-acid batteries, making transport a breeze. The 26–35Ah long-life battery delivers 480 CCA and is ideal for use with motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, lawn mowers and generators. Not for use in automobiles. CE and UN 38.3 approved.

Features + Benefits
Top of page

Super lightweight design for exceptional portability
Quad terminal configuration makes it very easy to install, allowing it to be mounted in any direction
Delivers 2000+ deep cycles at 80% depth of discharge
Lithium battery won't accumulate damaging lead sulfate on the plates like a standard lead-acid battery
Delivers up to 5X the life of a comparable lead-acid battery
Designed to operate in 32° to 140°F temperatures
Max. charge rate of 10 Amps
6.49in.L x 3.38in.W x 5.11in.H

Lithiumax batteries on the other hand are designed for automobiles and have considerably higher Ah capacity and sophisticated BMS systems for that purpose. We also have a motorcycle/Powersports battery that has enough punch to start high compression V8s but there is no way we would recommend that for anything other than a small Formula, open wheel race car, for ultimate light weight, as weighs only 800g (2lbs).

Lithiumax are opening in the US next month so we will be able to ship by road to 48 States and Canada from December/January.

I never made reference to any motorcycle battery, or, any brand at all (other people might have). Nice advertisement for your brand though... are you a forum vendor? There are cheap lithium batteries rated for deep cycles which are already currently available. Your website does look promising though for decently priced higher cca li batteries.

The main reason why many of these Li batteries are only rated for powersports is because of the electronics and parasitic draw of a modern motor vehicle requires a high AH rated battery. Run your radio with the car off with a small Li battery and the battery will be drained in 10 minutes. I am sure there are other reasons, like safety and regulations, too, but, cranking a motorcycle is no different than cranking a car. Charging systems vary too but any battery I would look at has an on-board management system. Pretty much all of them do now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lithiumax

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Over 3 years om and still going strong, going to transfer this battery to my n54 powered 120i hatch and get the new Restart 11 for the 1m
as I need a deepcycle/restart battery for all the new electronics I fitting and need Bluetooth monitoring.

Every car I own is fitted with one of these batteries and which they have never let me down.