Leather dyeing

BrettJP

Private
May 30, 2017
Ride
08 335xi e92
I love DIY projects! Often, they can look cheap, but with good products/materials, great attention to detail, and plenty of patience, they can look exceptional! They often cost much less overall than new products. And they offer plenty of options for customizing your look! Recently, I've started DIY projects in my car's interior.

Currently, I'm interested in red leather interior for my e92. There's a full set available nearby right now for about $1k, but I can't say at the moment if it's the right set. For example, Logic7 audio has two speaker cutouts on rear interior panels, while other audio options only have one in those places. My vision for DIY right now would be to dye my seats red (currently stock tan), with black centers, and black sides and back on the headrests.

Has anybody dyed their own interior leather? I'm really interested in seeing your results and hearing your experiences.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I've never done this, but I was always afraid of how it would look as it aged. Its kind of like fake tits, they can look great a first

• Funny
Reactions: JuniorB and BrettJP

BrettJP

Private
May 30, 2017
Ride
08 335xi e92
Oh wow, that is good! I'm sure this would be a case where time put in to do it right and time put in to maintain it are just as essential as choosing the right materials. I'm sure with good care, this could look good for 3-5 years without needing to reapply. But at

Reactions: doublespaces