Jmantx E92 Build Thread

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
I don't know how well you maintain your car....but if all hoses n stuff are good...I would think the Chinese Turbo Systems should be checked next.
😂 I'm pretty sure my hoses are good. I've tried moving vacuum lines, etc, and it doesn't change. I'm about to put through a warranty claim and see if it works.

Reactions: SlowE93

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
BTW, any other budget turbo upgrade/replacement ideas? I'm guessing my best shot is to rebuild my stock turbos. They didn't leak, they just had horrible wastegate rattle.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
BTW, any other budget turbo upgrade/replacement ideas? I'm guessing my best shot is to rebuild my stock turbos. They didn't leak, they just had horrible wastegate rattle.
Spend the money and go Pure and don't look back.
I have had zero issues.
My car is slow though😪
But faster than stock and turbos still strong after 5+ years

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

RB has OEM, OEM + billet wheel, RB ones, RB twos, etc.

You can buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself if you want, but I would go with RB or Pure they are the most proven I would say.

I always say if you are going to remove your turbos you might as well do inlets and outlets at the same time. You are going to be in there and it is much easier with everything removed. You could also do your water pump and motor mounts.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
Spend the money and go Pure and don't look back.
I have had zero issues.
My car is slow though😪
But faster than stock and turbos still strong after 5+ years
I don't have the cash for Pure right now, but assuming it doesn't start to leak oil, I may drive on 0 boost for a few weeks until I can get Pures.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
RB has OEM, OEM + billet wheel, RB ones, RB twos, etc.

You can buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself if you want, but I would go with RB or Pure they are the most proven I would say.

I always say if you are going to remove your turbos you might as well do inlets and outlets at the same time. You are going to be in there and it is much easier with everything removed. You could also do your water pump and motor mounts.
I looked at RB before, but the wait time is rather long right now.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
It sucks, but at least I still have transportation. I personally like working on the car, but I hate having parts break. CTS wants me to send back the turbos for a warranty claim, so I'm arguing with them right now.

Shame about the CTS turbos. Seems like ChinaCast quality as usual...some get lucky...many do not. It the damn labor that makes paying for a proven solution the way to go I believe, even if you do the labor yourself it's a PITA. granted, if I did them more often I bet I could get it done lickety split.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
Shame about the CTS turbos. Seems like ChinaCast quality as usual...some get lucky...many do not. It the damn labor that makes paying for a proven solution the way to go I believe, even if you do the labor yourself it's a PITA. granted, if I did them more often I bet I could get it done lickety split.
I figured out how to get to the turbos and reassemble everything in about 8 hours. Granted, that was the third disassembly, but I think I could drop the time by an hour or 2.

• Funny

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
see the way you should handle this situation is by turning your car up. I’m at 23psi now, sending it. But instead of going twins I say you get a single kit from @RuskiRacer. He’s making my friend a stock turbo style kit as he wanted the budget option. And soon after that he’s going to be making me a nice tubular kit. But on 22ish psi I did run
F1C5CAB8-DF4A-4223-97FD-70FBAAC734C4.png

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
see the way you should handle this situation is by turning your car up. I’m at 23psi now, sending it. But instead of going twins I say you get a single kit from @RuskiRacer. He’s making my friend a stock turbo style kit as he wanted the budget option. And soon after that he’s going to be making me a nice tubular kit. But on 22ish psi I did run
View attachment 69420
How the fuck do you want him to turn it up when he is at 100% wgdc, FF is maxed out, and he is hitting I think* 11 psi ?

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
How the fuck do you want him to turn it up when he is at 100% wgdc, FF is maxed out, and he is hitting I think* 11 psi ?
If they were blown they’d likely make a good whine. When my Daw’s blew and when my Friends Cts’s blew they both made a high pitched noise.

Have you checked if your vac solenoids are plumbed correctly @Jmantx.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
If they were blown they’d likely make a good whine. When my Daw’s blew and when my Friends Cts’s blew they both made a high pitched noise.

Have you checked if your vac solenoids are plumbed correctly @Jmantx.
Yes I have. On the random chance that I have multiple bad vac lines I ordered some more hose. If it doesn't work I'm going to pull it apart for turbos.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
If interested in a nice budget top mount just send me a dm we can work something out. The stock manifold kits are proven to be sub 7 second 60-130 capable and will last as long as your turbo of choice will.

Jmantx

Corporal
Mar 27, 2022
Don't be so generous. 10.3 psi. But looking back at the rest of my logs, I'm going to change vacuum lines and wastegate solenoids again. It shows a random spike to 12.8 psi later on. I have no idea how it could do that with completely blown turbos. I also apparently have something wrong with my exhaust. There's only flow out one side.

• Wow
Reactions: wheela