E9X Intake Hoses Review - HEAVY DUTY INTERCOOLER COUPLER REVIEW

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I had to recently replace my beloved ER charge pipe with a VRSF pipe due to relocation inlets and relocating the expansion tank with a replaced 335D tank. The intercooler silicon coupler 2.75 to 3 inch 45º unit was garbage... and would smoosh with the lightest of finger pressure. So I ordered two different hose companies: Silicone Intake Hose and Intake Hoses LLC.

First off, both hose companies had superior hoses compared to the junk hose that VRSF supplied. But the best and most heavy duty hose goes to Intake Hoses LLC.
Their hose was VERY firm and in addition to 5 visible thread layers, and the silicon in between those thread layers, there was also an orange interior silicone layer that capped off the inside and made it ultra smooth with zero surface imperfections. This was impressive considering the other hoses had weird textures and production scarring inside the hoses.

If you want a foolproof hose that ain't gonna burst and will have maximum pressure flex resistance during high boost... get the hoses from the INTAKE HOSES LLC.
I think they are even better than the stock Wagner hoses that come with their intercoolers...and WAGNER has totally badass hoses. And the Wagner replacement hose kit for their EVO series intercoolers costs $150 for two damn hoses... shhhyyyyyyyyyyyiiiitttt.....

VT

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
p i c t u r e s

I can take photos of the VRSF and the Silicone Intake Hoses units but the photos for the Intake Hoses LLC will be post install photos because I am not about to take another valium just to deal with the VRSF fitment if I try to remove the already installed HD hose.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
To play the devil's advocate does it matter if it smooshes in? The pipe is pressurized under load, as long as it does not leak, I don't see how it could impact performance.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
To play the devil's advocate does it matter if it smooshes in? The pipe is pressurized under load, as long as it does not leak, I don't see how it could impact performance.

the VRSF hose has too much flex...it will bulge outwards when boost hits, leading to even more lag. If it smooshes inwards easily...like a balloon...then it will bulge outwards easily... the other two hoses are noticeably thicker and resistant to flexing...especially the Intake Hoses LLC unit...that thing ain't bulging for jack no matter the pressure.

Not that I know for personal experience, just heard it from other people...but you know how dildos are flabby when you hold them up? That's like the VRSF hose flappy.... again, not that I know from personal experience.... just heard it from other people who were really good at describing dildos and how they feel... or like those fake titties and sex doll vaginas...again not that I know from personal experience...but you know how those fake titties and sex doll vaginas are all like flabby feeling in your hands....??? That's the VRSF hose.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Not that I know for personal experience, just heard it from other people...but you know how dildos are flabby when you hold them up? That's like the VRSF hose flappy.... again, not that I know from personal experience.... just heard it from other people who were really good at describing dildos and how they feel... or like those fake titties and sex doll vaginas...again not that I know from personal experience...but you know how those fake titties and sex doll vaginas are all like flabby feeling in your hands....??? That's the VRSF hose.

LOL

I never thought about dildo flexibility when cross shopping intercoolers! :D

I didn't know there was such a big difference in these hoses. Do you have a link to the hoses you ordered or were they custom orders?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
LOL

I never thought about dildo flexibility when cross shopping intercoolers! :D

I didn't know there was such a big difference in these hoses. Do you have a link to the hoses you ordered or were they custom orders?

This is the exact one I bought. I measured the length and used a razor knife to trim extra off.
See the orange layer?

R45B-275-300_closeup_540x349.jpg

Reactions: derekgates

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@doublespaces Why can't I quote people in my sig?

Also what is up with only allowing only 1 link in signature? Can that be changed?

I don't know about the quotation, I'll put it on my list of things to look into.

The link threshold can be whatever I set it to, mostly saw it being used for advertising. I'll think of ways to expand this for normal users.

Reactions: Torgus

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Some flexibility is needed in hoses but most stuff is garbage as seen in most products today.

We use Aeroflow as it's tested to 300psi whilst remaining quite flexible and readily available.

Never ever have we seen a failure from one and I use them on my own car.

We also use Murray clamps to keep them in place as they are the best hose clamp available.

Reactions: derekgates

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Once you go black...?

go on...

I don't know about the quotation, I'll put it on my list of things to look into.

The link threshold can be whatever I set it to, mostly saw it being used for advertising. I'll think of ways to expand this for normal users.

Ok, because until then it looks like I know all about flabby dildos, titties, and sex doll vaginas.

• Funny
Reactions: matreyia

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
go on...

Ok, because until then it looks like I know all about flabby dildos, titties, and sex doll vaginas.

Whilst - I CLEARLY DON'T KNOW about such things....I'm just a caveman, one day I was walking and fell into a crevasse....

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Some flexibility is needed in hoses but most stuff is garbage as seen in most products today.

We use Aeroflow as it's tested to 300psi whilst remaining quite flexible and readily available.

We also use Murray clamps to keep them in place as they are the best hose clamp available.
There's some truth right there.

Filippo

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

The Intake Hose LLC unit is flexible, but way more robust than the dildo VRSF hose.