IKMOS throttle behavior, log inside

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Can anyone help with this? New throttle behavior. I've had some issues with part throttle under load before, but never caught the same thing at idle. I did have a WOT log showing a profound rail pressure drop at low-mid range rpms the other day, but haven't repeated it and was wondering if maybe my 110k mile pump is giving up. Other concern is my throttle body vac adapter has too many Ts.

This log was taken at standstill, light part throttle in neutral held steady about how much I need to feather the clutch to roll off, felt the oscillation and saw my tach bouncing. On a custom flash with IKMOS from Hydra.

Codes present, no CEL/SES.
CDBD
2AAE
2FDB

Car details:
Hydra full N53/HP800 build with schrick low lifts, crank lockdown
New index 12s, bucketed walbro 535 with new LP line and sensor, original factory HP pump
Stock coils, genuine S55 plugs at 0.022"
Custom selfmade low side PCV with CC
Stock high side PCV
GFB SV50 BOV
BMS throttle body adapter with vac Tees to BOV and low side PCV
Stock waffle IM.
Xclutch Organic
3" dps/3.5" exhaust etc etc

Attachments

• 2022-09-15 16_42_17 IKM0S IKM0S Alex Meinzer 1.1.bin.csv
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Here's the WOT log mentioned with the mid range HPFP crash if anyone's interested

r0nd3L

Private
Dec 2, 2019
Ride
135i
I will try to log similar situation as your first log to see if I have any similar issues.

Not what you described, but my biggest issue with IKMOS so far is the initial throttle response. There is too much throttle plate actuation at the initial pedal press, therefore making casual driving difficult. Especially noticeable trying to roll through parking lots in 1st gear, car is bucking unless very careful and deliberate with the pedal. It was fine with IJE0S. Here is a log showing 30% pedal input translating to 80% throttle position:

r0nd3L

Private
Dec 2, 2019
Ride
135i
I tried to replicate the issue in your first log, but did not have the oscillation. I will keep an eye on it, though, as I feel I have seen it happen, just need to catch it on the log.

I really want to go back to IJE0S as I didn't have any of the odd throttle issues and car was smooth, but my tuner is not convinced it's IKM0S related issue...

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I have another suspicion on IK. I had a few days here and there where the M button SZL code wasn't present. Incidentally had no issues those days. I wonder if there's something downstream there for some of us.