Technical Hydra Performance 135 Leichtbau State of the Art Thread

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
All my annoying outlet posts will be worth it soon as I will have dynos soon for the 650s i just need to coordinate a tune v8bait said 2 weeks before can do it and Omar said tune on street first and I am waiting for a base tune. Either of them are great options in my eyes so I will leave it up to whoever's schedule works

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
If you go the dyno tune route, I'd say make sure it's 'validated' or 'tweaked' for the street if it's a dynojet. The drums are lighter than our cars so the load on the dyno won't be the same as load on the street. I've yet to be on a dyno and i'm very happy with my tune. Boost curve could maybe be a little flatter but I think a few more tweaks and it would be good.

I'm excited to see some results on these! Are you doing just 93 octane or will you do an E tune as well?

What's your full setup? Hydra650s, outlets, relocated or stock side inlets, and what intercooler?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Omar said same he wanted to do street tune then do dyno after. I am really more interested in dyno results but figured finding mbt on dyno cant hurt.
Car has less then 10k on hpfp and oil pump plus pretty much everything and has
New index 12 injectors
Fuel it stage 2 bucketless
Vrsf downpipes
Pr inlets switching the hoses to vrsf
Vrsf outlets aluminum was vtt silicone before
Hydra 650 obviously lol
Bl coils with shields removed switching to black from red tops
S55 plugs gapped to .26
Head ports blocked rb low side mishimoto can
Bms high side can
Ade 650 fmic
Tial bov with upgraded boost reference
Gc coil over and plates 440f 700r
Gc toe arms
M3 f and r arms
Turner adj endlinks
White line rsfb
Braided brake lines
Propulsive dynamics tranny upgrade
Fcp refresh kit mech sleeve and all gaskets and pentosin fluid
034 motor and tranny mounts
Xhp stage 3 and was tuned by v8bait will be either v8 or Omar for new build
I no longer have e85 access so will be 93 tune and I may throw a dpmi meth kit together if I feel need if not I'll wait a little while
Forgestar f14 sdc on nitto nt05 245f 275r
Think that's everything off top my head

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Omar said same he wanted to do street tune then do dyno after. I am really more interested in dyno results but figured finding mbt on dyno cant hurt.
Car has less then 10k on hpfp and oil pump plus pretty much everything and has
New index 12 injectors
Fuel it stage 2 bucketless
Vrsf downpipes
Pr inlets switching the hoses to vrsf
Vrsf outlets aluminum was vtt silicone before
Hydra 650 obviously lol
Bl coils with shields removed switching to black from red tops
S55 plugs gapped to .26
Head ports blocked rb low side mishimoto can
Bms high side can
Ade 650 fmic
Tial bov with upgraded boost reference
Gc coil over and plates 440f 700r
Gc toe arms
M3 f and r arms
Turner adj endlinks
White line rsfb
Braided brake lines
Propulsive dynamics tranny upgrade
Fcp refresh kit mech sleeve and all gaskets and pentosin fluid
034 motor and tranny mounts
Xhp stage 3 and was tuned by v8bait will be either v8 or Omar for new build
I no longer have e85 access so will be 93 tune and I may throw a dpmi meth kit together if I feel need if not I'll wait a little while
Forgestar f14 sdc on nitto nt05 245f 275r
Think that's everything off top my head
I like everything about your stuff, but bro, ditch the 034 crap

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I like everything about your stuff, but bro, ditch the 034 crap
I know lmao I was so mad I didn't go is mount when was 2 or 300 for the kit but i read the vtt review and jumped on the hype wagon lmao it can go with my k and p oil filter and billet cap. Worst part is my old mounts were perfect but a shop installed my dp wrong and blamed it on mounts so they did mounts, it still rattled and I ended up having to redo most of the work on jackstands on my sundays , so ended up defeating the purpose of bringing somewhere. When you are OCD with your car either DIY or find very good shop. Btw turned out the gaskets needed little trim cause they would touch and was like nails on chalk board.

zaxos_e92

Nov 29, 2018
Ride
‘07 e92 335i
Been having some issues with RB High Flow Oil Drains. Rear turbo is fine but front turbo has a slight leak. Surface of the the oil drain doesn’t appear to be completely flat.

Not leaking during idle but, starts to leak once I give it some gas.

You can see in the second picture that it hits the coolant line. I took a grinder to the fitting with an abrasive wheel and was able round out the welds so it doesn’t touch.

I’m thinking I may have to take the fitting to a machine shop in order to get the face to be perfectly flush.

Also does anyone know how the flat gasket is supposed to be oriented, ridge up or ridge down?

Thanks,
Andreas

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Reach out to rob one thing no one can take from him is he knows his stuff , makes good stuff and wont leave you stuck if you have a legit problem. He's smart so when people try get over on him it usually doesn't work but a case like yours he will probably have fixed asap

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Also only fair I update as frustrating as not having a way besides email is vrsf got my outlet out next day and said they will refund for the one I didn't receive so im waiting to see if they refund both one or non of my overnight shipping cost and that will dictate my feelings towards them. I honestly don't think I should pay any overnight shipping since I didn't get my parts in that time but I def shouldnt pay both charges if anything I should pay what 2 day would have cost or like I said nothing for the inconvenience but we will see.

Jan 31, 2017
www.hydraperformance.com
Ride
2010 135i 6MT
Time for an update,
Took part in the second event of the year last Sunday, where after a few tuning changes and fresh rear rubber I was a LOT more competitive, having improved my relative position by ~3.5s, and took the 2WD Modified Street class victory by a comfortable margin this time around. I'm a lot more comfortable inside the car this time around, but there is still much room left for improvement. My man Xavier also took the 4WD Modified Street class victory by a comfortable margin like he usually does, so it was nice for both of us to dominate the proceedings in our respective classes.
FWIW I was 0.2s off a 458 Italia driven by a local Rally/hillclimb driver and 2s off an AWD Hurracan Performante, the only two Supercars (which get their own class, regardless of 2WD and AWD) ahead of me. The only other road cars to set faster times that day were 4x Evos, so I'm quite pleased with my performance all things considered. General consensus was that my steed was quickest on the backstretch, which is high praise considering there were 2x Performantes present, a PS2 M4, or even Xavier's Plutonium-powered VII for that matter. I also had more than one person tell me that my car sounds exotic/like a Ferrari from the outside, which is also very flattering. I *MAY* be posting an action video of my car on track within the next couple of days, provided there is enough footage present so watch this space... :)
56922790_2145040358915205_1679144127528173568_n.jpg

56619833_2075848489137586_1291579412747124736_n.jpg

56938248_2145040512248523_2684309110656073728_n.jpg

56976821_406119693300574_5289367802593935360_n.png

Racing-Park-Mtein-Aerial-View.jpg

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Love to see this, Omar. Really interested to see where this goes as you continue to dial in and get track time with the car. Imagine the look on the guys with $400k in their super cars lol ...

Filippo

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Well tiago got involved and after I went over with him he refunded one shipping fee so better than nothing. Part that sucks is my car still isn't done cause it had to come off lift due to the 2 extra days delay so hopefully I will be picking it up soon.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
This some bs I specifically asked them and they said will fit I just got off with shop I going in am to look vrsf metal outlets are not even close I am furious right now so unless hydra can sell me a set I am going to have custom outlet made.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
This some bs I specifically asked them and they said will fit I just got off with shop I going in am to look vrsf metal outlets are not even close I am furious right now so unless hydra can sell me a set I am going to have custom outlet made.

Shit that's not good. I ordered those yesterday. What was off?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Hits frame I just made international call to Omar on my cell, sure that's gonna cost me lol and he confirmed they are no go and the only ones that work in pinch for fact are mmp silicone but they are 2 inch which is really bigger than ideal and vtt is on small side but if you got 35 degree elbow and two 1.5 to 2 inch adapters and a coupler could prob get to work. I really don't want rig and they are a little small he recommends 1.75 od hard pipe and remove one heat shield from frame for better clearance and easier fab job.

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I waste money all time when modding but honestly who thinks I should dispute this if they dont want refund me ,cause now the shipping and wasting time and the outlets don't fit but I specifically asked on website and was emailed yes their are compatible without a doubt. All they had to say was i dont know and I would have researched more but when the manufacturer says it's good you try to take their word.

Craziest part is why can I call the guy across globe and he answers on first ring meanwhile the place in same country aka vrsf doesnt answer phone go figure.

Last edited:

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
I waste money all time when modding but honestly who thinks I should dispute this if they dont want refund me ,cause now the shipping and wasting time and the outlets don't fit but I specifically asked on website and was emailed yes their are compatible without a doubt. All they had to say was i dont know and I would have researched more but when the manufacturer says it's good you try to take their word. Craziest part is why can I call the guy across globe and he answers on first ring meanwhile the place in same country aka vrsf doesnt answer phone go figure.

Yea that sucks. I would have thought you could return them if they falsely advertised fitment to you. False advertisement is definitely law suit material but I don't know you want to go that far. Maybe just try to sell them online and stop buying from VRSF?