Hey, y'all. From somewhere near ATL:

R.A.N.G.E.R

Dec 9, 2021
2007/335i/e90/n54, about to put the first upgrades
Can you believe I bought this car on *bay? I won, but what's next?
They wanted earnest money, so I flew out there to test drive it first.
"Oh yeah, the tires are great, drive it to Atlanta? No Problem" on the phone.

I walk in the door, unexpected, next day! "Uh, sure, take a test drive if you...want"
All 4 tires were showing steel cords! I went to nearby tire dealers until I found
one who could do the rubber AND 4-wheel align & frame check next day!
Yeah, another $1000....
Got a phone call, "Where the **** are you??? We're about to report the car stolen!!!"
"I'm getting tires, I'll be back in 30...."

It was a little used car lot in Manhattan Beach. They had Ferraris, Maseratis,
Porsches, all really good models, but older. There was a 12 cyl Mas with the
hood up and heads off in front of the door. Even so, I closed the sale, got tires,
took off to GA on the southern route, I-10. I will not say I had it on cruise
at 140 in W Texas, that never happened. Nor did I get passed by a cattle truck
full of longhorns at that speed! I'm too risk-averse for all that....

R.A.N.G.E.R

Dec 9, 2021
Lemme ask, I've seen 2jz swap, and LSvswap...I know the 2jz is the legendary supra motor.
Is the LS a Corvette or crate Chevy motor?

Call me a rube, but can either of these be done in an e90 without extensive mechanical
and programming skills, plenty of custom made fitment, & etc?

I have a '97 740i, needs transmission, would love to swap in a built v-8, even go electric....

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
2007/335i/e90/n54, about to put the first upgrades
Can you believe I bought this car on *bay? I won, but what's next?
They wanted earnest money, so I flew out there to test drive it first.
"Oh yeah, the tires are great, drive it to Atlanta? No Problem" on the phone.

I walk in the door, unexpected, next day! "Uh, sure, take a test drive if you...want"
All 4 tires were showing steel cords! I went to nearby tire dealers until I found
one who could do the rubber AND 4-wheel align & frame check next day!
Yeah, another $1000....
Got a phone call, "Where the **** are you??? We're about to report the car stolen!!!"
"I'm getting tires, I'll be back in 30...."

It was a little used car lot in Manhattan Beach. They had Ferraris, Maseratis,
Porsches, all really good models, but older. There was a 12 cyl Mas with the
hood up and heads off in front of the door. Even so, I closed the sale, got tires,
took off to GA on the southern route, I-10. I will not say I had it on cruise
at 140 in W Texas, that never happened. Nor did I get passed by a cattle truck
full of longhorns at that speed! I'm too risk-averse for all that....

LS SWAP YO!

R.A.N.G.E.R

Dec 9, 2021
LS SWAP YO!
Lemme ask, I've seen 2jz swap, and LS swap...I know the 2jz is the legendary supra motor.

Do you actually know?, but can either of these be done in an e90 without extensive mechanical

I have a '97 740i, needs transmission, would love to swap in a built v-8, even go electric....

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Lemme ask, I've seen 2jz swap, and LS swap...I know the 2jz is the legendary supra motor.

Do you actually know?, but can either of these be done in an e90 without extensive mechanical

In theory you go could from stock e9X n54 powered to an LS + turbo swap in a weekend. I should have done this...but I love throwing money at a 3l inline 6 for some reason šŸ˜­

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
  • Funny
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
GET YOUR CYLINDERS UP, S85 OR BUST!!!!

S65/85 can't take the boost. Weak block. No solutions for high HP unfortunately. I think it will forever be stuck at or sub 700whp or less unless someone coughs up the money to have some billet blocks made. I doubt anyone wants to invest over 100k into S65 billet blocks, hell it is probably much more. Better ways to piss away your hard earned $$$.

I still think LS swaps are cool ;) but I have a feeling an n54 will always be in my e92 as long as I own it.

An S85 swap could be cool it has been done before: https://www.boostaddict.com/showthr...BMW-E90-M3-and-adds-twin-superchargers-on-top 5L High reving V8 with 2 SCs. Still more boost/tq than the block can handle. Same with the TT Gintani S65 kit.

Last edited:

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
S65/85 can't take the boost. Weak block. No solutions for high HP unfortunately. I think it will forever be stuck at or sub 700whp or less unless someone coughs up the money to have some billet blocks made. I doubt anyone wants to invest over 100k into S65 billet blocks, hell it is probably much more. Better ways to piss away your hard earned $$$.

I still think LS swaps are cool ;) but I have a feeling an n54 will always be in my e92 as long as I own it.
Didn't Gintani have a M5 that was supercharged and made 1000whp. It was on youtube a while ago. I remember something about a Stroker i believe it was a 5.5 and someone also had a 5.8 S85 i believe its $30,000. Steep price butttt they sound godly when stroked to 5.8L. S65's seem to hold up to boost well up into the 7xxwhp territory.

LS's are cool for sure so are
a5jWL0ng_700w_0.jpg
's

Now a Coyote swap would be epic, high revving, holds boost well, responds to boost well gods engine :tearsofjoy: .

• Funny
Reactions: wheela

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
AFAIK the S65 and S86 are limited to 700whp and below. They don't seem to be able to get them to hold together above 700whp. IIRC the highest HP was Joe who owns BB.com The SC could do more, block could never stay together. Same reason their TT kit never put down amazing numbers, example: https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...i-Stage-X-Supercharged-World-Record-amp-Build

Coyote engines are the shit and take boost very well.

If anyone wants above 700 whp in an car originally with an N54 the S65/S85 is not the way to go.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
i really thought you'd laugh at that 2J meme lol slightly disappointed :tearsofjoy:. I read into it more and your correct. Bmw's inline 6's seem to be the only engines they produce that can hold 1000whp or the S63tu in the F90's.

Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
i really thought you'd laugh at that 2J meme lol slightly disappointed :tearsofjoy:. I read into it more and your correct. Bmw's inline 6's seem to be the only engines they produce that can hold 1000whp or the S63tu in the F90's.

I am sorry but this is the only 2jz meme I recognize:

2jZlol.jpg

Because it has NNAAAAHHHHHZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Last edited: