Help with a few codes related to one issue...please help.

MrS3anW

May 9, 2021
I just got done replacing my turbos, plugs and coils on the 335i I recently bought from auction. The car had 24 codes when I bought the car and 14 were engine based codes and when I was done there were no engine codes, cut to today I was driving down the road and my check engine light came on so I plugged Carly in while heading home and I got the following codes:

002B28-Tank venting - and purge air micro leak
003100-boost pressure control, shutdown
002ABC-boost pressure sensor, electric
0029F5-catalyst conversion 2
0029F4-catalyst conversion

I know these are all related, I had just scanned the car 2 days ago and had no engine codes thrown. I am desperate for some help on this issue as I have been fighting problems with this car from day 1 and can’t afford to randomly throw more money at the car or my wife will leave my ass.

Please help.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
2B28-Could be a loose gas cap, maybe the vent hose rubbed thru, not very likely... Maybe fuel tank ring isn't tight from upgraded fuel pump install on the side of the road... Ask me how I know...

3100-Limp mode probably from MAP issue

2ABC-MAP Sensor issue and reason for limp mode? Is the sensor stock or has it been upgraded? Is there an adapter going to it?

29F4 29F5-Both O2 codes

Do you know if the car been tuned or has jb4 on it? Good luck!

MrS3anW

May 9, 2021
2B28-Could be a loose gas cap, maybe the vent hose rubbed thru, not very likely... Maybe fuel tank ring isn't tight from upgraded fuel pump install on the side of the road... Ask me how I know...

3100-Limp mode probably from MAP issue

2ABC-MAP Sensor issue and reason for limp mode? Is the sensor stock or has it been upgraded? Is there an adapter going to it?

29F4 29F5-Both O2 codes

Do you know if the car been tuned or has jb4 on it? Good luck!
I haven‘t gotten the limp mode light since I replaced the turbos, is it possible to go into limp mode and not get the half engine light?

The MAP sensor seems to be stock with no attachment, it was covered in oil from the last turbos so I cleaned it real good and reused it on the new charge pipe.

As far as 02 codes go, I have been driving the car quite a bit before and after the new turbos and this is the first time I have seen those codes.

I am pretty sure there’s no tune, I checked for JB4 and I checked the vin on MHD for licenses.

I should add I have scanned the car every 3 days since I completed the turbos, the car had 24 codes and after a lot of work I got it down to none. I feel like these are related because they all popped at the same time.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Maybe it was just in the memory but 3100 boost control shutdown is limp mode. Maybe it happens as soon as you start the car. Clear the codes and re check. Scan as soon as you get the codes. Research 2ABC N54 on Google and go from there... Are you having any issues other than the codes? What are the symptoms? What is your car running like? That should give you a starting point. Maybe the sensor is starting to die, wiring is damaged, or maybe there's a tune that exceeds the TMAP voltage... Just some ideas. Start simple.

Make sure both sensors on the intake are plugged in all the way. Inspect plugs and wiring. One on the manifold, other on the charge pipe.

Do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage and resistance. Research what they should be

I keep saying research only because I can't fix it for you. You have to find the problem, the car is not here, I can only provide ideas and suggestions 👍 That's where I'd start tho. Good luck!

Edit: Are the O2s switched? Just a thought...

Also if it were my car I'd buy an MHD wifi adapter along with MHD and bimmergeeks protool so you know what tune your running and are able to read all codes and program things if needed. Bit of money to drop, but worth it to me and many others.

I'd get MHD first. Flash it to stock so you know what your working with, and are able to get logs which will help in the future...

Hope you get your car running, they are a lot of fun!

Last edited: