Help me this shit is so confusing

Andrew3424

Jul 21, 2019
Ride
E92 335i
Hey guys I’ve been on the N54 platform for 7 years now. I’ve been fbo for all of it. After years of abuse / neglect I lost interest due to spending all of my money on my car / work, life, etc... I recently re fell in love with my car again lol. I am currently about to tear everything down and start again. Here is my current list of parts that are about to go in / already installed.

2008 bmw 335i N54 manual with 99000 miles

Jb4 with Bluetooth

mhd loading bef

Er charge pipe

Synopse bov

Pure stage 2 high flows

Bmp port injection

split second controller aic

jb4 port injection controller

Stage 3 bmp bucketless lpfp

Vrsf downpipes

Vrsf 2” inlets

Vrsf outlets

Vrsf 7.5 stepped intercooler

Remus race exhaust

Stage 3+ spec clutch

MFactory still single mass flywheel

Index 12 injectors

New hpfp

Bms catch can

Bms dci

Rb pvc valve

Vargas crankcase breather

Precision Raceworks coils

2 step colder plugs

Possible Motiv flex fuel

Maintenance and other upgrades

Index 12 injectors

2 step colder spark plugs

Precision raceworks Ignition coils

Hpfp

Valve cover gasket

Oil pan gasket

Oil filter housing gasket

Walnut blasted

Starter

Water pump and thermostat

New vacumn lines

New pulleys belts tensioners

Power steering pump

New rear main seal

New front crankcase seal

Crankcase plate

New vacumn canisters

Boost solenoids

3.5 tmap sensor

335is motor mounts

Transmission mounts

Turbo and coolant lines

Vanos solenoids

I originally purchased the pure 600 turbos but after waiting 2 months cancelled my order and got a nice deal from pure to upgrade to their stage 2 high flows. So I jumped on it. I obviously want to build this car right and drive it to it’s full potential.

I have a couple questions that I’m sure have been answered numerous times but there’s so much misinformation that it’s very confusing trying to decipher what’s opinion over facts. I plan on running 100% e85 as I have re done my entire fuel system for it. New hpfp , stage 3 lpfp. Index 12 injectors, precision racework coils, 2 step colder plugs, and port injection. I plan on keeping my jb4 and running a custom bef thru mhd

My main questions are

#1 am I able to have multiple tunes or flashes installed at the same time. Meaning having separate custom bef tunes from mhd being able to switch from jb4 maps as in map 3 , 6, 7. Or am I just stuck with one tune at a time and if I want a more aggressive map I would have to pull over and reflash using mhd?

#2 I am installing bmp port injection and purchased a jb4 port injection controller and a split second controller. I know I’m ridiculous ‍♂️. Just wanted to keep all of my options open. Which one would benefit me more the jb4 or the split second controller. I plan on going full e85 .

#3 I started researching motiv flex fuel. But not sure since I’m going full e85 that it would benefit me Since I’m getting a custom e85 tunes. Would the sensor automatically override my tune depending on ethanol content?

I’m sorry for the long read. And I promise that I have done countless hours of research but I am mechanically inclined Once it comes to software and tuning I know the basics but beyond that I am humbled and over my head.

I would appreciate any advice, insults, judgements or direction. Tell me I’m an idiot or I’m heading in the right direction haha. But seriously help me!!!!!

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Use the JB4 and all the BMS stuff because they have done more for this platform than most of the other vendors out there, you will actually be able to get ahold of them if you need to, and they test things on more than just one development car.

Also the only hybrids I would buy are RB's, but good luck

D

Deleted member 2204

Please change your topic title to something that explains/hints your question. No clickbait or unclear titles please. Makes things hard to find.

Andrew3424

Jul 21, 2019
Ride
E92 335i
You don't need to reinvent the wheel. We've got back end flash maps posted for hybrid turbos, as well as JB4 settings, that have been used on literally thousands of cars now.

Seen this thread? Makes it really easy.

Thanks for your response Terry but as I am not qualified to touch tuning and mess With parameters. As I know I would blow my car up. I’d rather not mess With it my self would rather have it custom tuned for me as I’m not going for world records by any means. But absolutely want to build it to its limits. When loading your bef or a custom flash and using jb4 to hit target boost are the parameters changed depending on which map I’m running on Jb4 regardless of initial flash settings. For instance would my boost and timing very form map 1 to 7 thanks

Andrew3424

Jul 21, 2019
Ride
E92 335i
Use the JB4 and all the BMS stuff because they have done more for this platform than most of the other vendors out there, you will actually be able to get ahold of them if you need to, and they test things on more than just one development car.

Also the only hybrids I would buy are RB's, but good luck

I 100% agree as I have been with jb4 for 7 years now and want to keep it. I have much respect for Rb and what he has done for the platform but decided on going to with pure thanks

Andrew3424

Jul 21, 2019
Ride
E92 335i
Please change your topic title to something that explains/hints your question. No clickbait or unclear titles please. Makes things hard to find.

It is not click bait I have multiple questions that wouldn’t all fit in a title lol

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for your response Terry but as I am not qualified to touch tuning and mess With parameters. As I know I would blow my car up. I’d rather not mess With it my self would rather have it custom tuned for me as I’m not going for world records by any means. But absolutely want to build it to its limits. When loading your bef or a custom flash and using jb4 to hit target boost are the parameters changed depending on which map I’m running on Jb4 regardless of initial flash settings. For instance would my boost and timing very form map 1 to 7 thanks

Yes the JB4 and BEF will manage boost, timing, and fuel (including port injection volume) as you move between maps. I presume you're going to use straight E85 most of the time? Load up the E85_HYBRID BEF, the JB4 settings in the thread, and record a JB4 log on map1 (low boost) so we can verify you did it all properly.

Reactions: Andrew3424

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you want to be tuning these cars, you really should get in touch with some of this stuff. Elsewise, you could always sell your car and get a Mercedes.

Reactions: Andrew3424

Andrew3424

Jul 21, 2019
Ride
E92 335i
If you want to be tuning these cars, you really should get in touch with some of this stuff. Elsewise, you could always sell your car and get a Mercedes.

That’s what I’m doing right now by trying to ask intelligent questions. I have a basic understanding on tuning and as passionate as I am I have a million projects going on and my car wasn’t always a priority. Now I’m changing that and looking for input. I’m not looking for an easy way out I’m looking for advice and so far with this forum and others I have furthered my knowledge on my questions being answered. I’m sure you once stood in my shoes.

Reactions: doublespaces