Heater Element - Delete it or put it back in?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The thread is like three years old, I haven't been paying attention since I got my answer. It's entirely possible I've missed some conversation along the way.

Hajro

Mar 17, 2021
I get all those codes especially the line fault code bank 2 pre cat sensor bank 2 as well and suddenly stops regulating short fuel trim for bank 2 see log please and that happens when I took my foot off of the throttle:(

Attachments

• 2021-03-17 16_35_42 I8A0S v9.0 Stage 2+ 93oct_98ron b1AT_noALP.csv
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Hajro

Mar 17, 2021
I get all those codes especially the line fault code bank 2 pre cat sensor bank 2 as well and suddenly stops regulating short fuel trim for bank 2 see log please and that happens when I took my foot off of the throttle:(

Hajro

Mar 17, 2021
When I turn off the car and restart it again it starts regulating again like there was no problem afr’s are fine again. Do I need a new lambda bank2 sensor?

Axel.Koast

Dec 28, 2023
hey guys, i'm reopening this thread as i dont think there was a final answer to it. I'm going to be embarking on this journey myself shortly I wanted to get a final answer. It sounds like if you live in colder climates its best to keep the heating element connected within the PCV system?

Just for context, I'm going to be installing relocated inlets and an oil catch can but trying to see if I need to find a way to route my hoses to retain this Heating Element as well. I noticed the error codes from another member but curious what others have seen/done.

Thanks

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
hey guys, i'm reopening this thread as i dont think there was a final answer to it. I'm going to be embarking on this journey myself shortly I wanted to get a final answer. It sounds like if you live in colder climates its best to keep the heating element connected within the PCV system?

Just for context, I'm going to be installing relocated inlets and an oil catch can but trying to see if I need to find a way to route my hoses to retain this Heating Element as well. I noticed the error codes from another member but curious what others have seen/done.

Thanks

I think some people have even dove into the code and I don't recall ever feeling like I made a mistake and took it off. I don't even know where this part is anymore and I've never seen anyone asking to repurchase one. I live in the desert where some years I don't even need to run my pool all night to prevent freezing, so take my advice with a grain of salt.