Generating FSC Codes for Custom Applications

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
Ok, so I know there are tutorials out there on how to spoof VINs and generate FSC codes to unlock features on your own car, but those mean doing customization to the CIC. In this thread I would like to start the conversation on how to generate custom FSC codes to VIN lock custom applications that might originate from some of our other discussions here on SpoolStreet.

How does someone like BimmerRetroFit create retrofit packages and generate FSC codes for their customers, using the customer's VIN, and not modifying the end users CIC?

This could prove using for a market to where once a custom app is out to the public it can't just be copied without having to purchase your hard work.

And just to put it out there, I am completely for Open-Source, thus making the information on how to do all of this available for those who put forth the effort. For those who just want to use the end product, well, they can pay for not doing the work to build the app. ;)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I would assume they have reverse engineered the FSC validation system. Key-gens can be the same code concept but written in the 'reverse direction'. If the people here can't do it, surely someone could be hired from upwork, guru, etc that can unless some heavy encryption is involved.