General PFS Containment Thread (yahoo!)

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
To date, all BMW orders are shipped. We do ask for your patience with the shipping aspect, if you get an email from us with a tracking number that gets sent out ONLY when the product is in a box and ready to be dropped off (same day) or picked up (no early label printing here). USPS is just plain 'ole slow right now at about a week later than normal. UPS is a little better but running a couple days late. This should clear up shortly after the holidays.

Chris

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
Happy New Year!

Little teaser about the High Pressure Solution, the PFS POD:

This is a SINGLE 274 bucketed LPFP + the POD with the new VTT turbos on a pretty mildly modified car....

Run 2-3 FRB-POD.JPG

Important stuff fueling wise:
Stock motor
VTT F-RB turbos
FBO (downpipes + stock exhaust)
Pump E85 (tested E75 IIRC)
PFS Single Shot 274 LPFP
PFS POD HPFP Solution
12.2ish A/F ratio
11ish degrees timing
27 psi target
60 psi LPFP @ 7k RPM
2000+ psi HPFP @ 7k RPM

The car is out of fuel but we didn't expect that much out of a single shot 274. This tells us a few things.

1: The POD works pretty damn well. This is the fourth one out in the wild for testing and feedback has been very favorable.
2: Our conservative approach to LPFP design, testing, and rating simply works. If we tell you that you have enough flow to make X power, then you have that much flow, or a little more. We aren't quite as aggressive with pushing hardware as Tony is, but it's nice to see what the parts do when someone like Tony is unleashed on them.

It's a teaser guys, so expect a proper release and some details about testing that's occurred to date to get a feel for what this looks like when incorporated into our take on a sweet spot N54 build.

Chris

Last edited:

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I guess we will have to wait for information until release. But given the letters you may guess P.erformance O.ver D.rive as for getting more flow you have to overdrive the pump. Probably an alternative to the Helix but better?!

Reactions: PFS

cookiesowns

Private
Nov 13, 2017
Ride
2010 535i ZHP6 + 2017 M2 6MT
Any plans on anything for F series N or S55?

Im in need of a better LPFP setup for a M2

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
I've done a couple custom S55 jobs, they were "sidecar 285" style, but the real news is we're playing with an upgraded brushless pump. Realistically a ways out. Stock S55 fuel system is pretty darned strong and it's a small market overall. Should spend some time looking at F N55, it's just not as awesome a platform, but it is getting older, with falling prices maybe it'll show promise. I'll start looking into it.

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
We put a double shot 274/274 on Carl's car and ran it again. Check the log.

datazap.me | VargasTurboTech | 01-04-21 Carl Morris FRB_POD_DS - 1 663

carl pod double.jpg

Again, this is 660ish whp. DI only. We have to be reasonable here, this is about the most you'd want to put on a tired stock engine, still holding 635 whp at redline. LPFP is strong. HPFP is strong. I like it. Plenty more in her, but this is a great stopping point for a stock motor.

Reactions: NoGuru

cookiesowns

Private
Nov 13, 2017
Ride
2010 535i ZHP6 + 2017 M2 6MT
I've done a couple custom S55 jobs, they were "sidecar 285" style, but the real news is we're playing with an upgraded brushless pump. Realistically a ways out. Stock S55 fuel system is pretty darned strong and it's a small market overall. Should spend some time looking at F N55, it's just not as awesome a platform, but it is getting older, with falling prices maybe it'll show promise. I'll start looking into it.
There’s some sweet N55’s out there.
I just did a 600whp N55 on DI only with a EFR7670, needing more fuel soon as owner wants to move to PI and built motor for 850+ on a 9280

Reactions: PFS

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Little teaser about the High Pressure Solution, the PFS POD
It's been a couple weeks, Do you have an announcement date for this yet? Curious to hear about it. I'm out of fuel even on 93 octane

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
Hey it's always today today, right?