SOLVED Fun Boost Leak Lets See Who's Clever

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
EDIT : CHRA was loose. I noticed some brand new oil on the rear coolant drain line, so I investigated the VBAND clamp. Ended up being loose.

Hello again all, been speaking to lots of people about this and to no avail, yet.

Current situation, new 19T get to boost target and then fall off around 5000 RPM (as seen in log below)

I would like to add, I have VTT aluminium outlets with the stock intercooler connection (not stock intercooler)

Things I have done :

Tightened and new seals inside of outlet (Including gasket sealer to help)

New Rear inlet as we were under the impression it had collapsed.

All new vacuum lines.

New PIERBURG Boost solenoid x 2.

2 x Diverter valve o rings.

Taken Chargepipe off and cleaned o ring ( no nicks) put back on.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this before ?

Last edited:

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Are you missing the screws in the chargepipe by any chance.
Screws in the chargepipe ?

I thought it was only a clamp to lower charge pipe. And then a seal + clip onto throttle body ?

I know it screws onto the chassis or whatever it is near the lower chargepipe, via a T30 I believe

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Yes still stock airbox. Air filter is about 10K miles (I normally change every other service) as I drive 30k miles a year so 6000 for oil and oil filter then air and cabin every other.
The factory airbox is probably your restriction, maybe try running dual cone intakes with a aftermarket charge pipe of choice.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I think this is tune related. Are you running an OTS map? You have huge throttle closures when you are maintaining boost target, then it opens fully when it doesn't reach boost target.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
I think this is tune related. Are you running an OTS map? You have huge throttle closures when you are maintaining boost target, then it opens fully when it doesn't reach boost target.
I’m actually custom tuned, but using 17T map to get logs to change to 19T.

But obviously every time I do a log this happens, tuner also thinks it’s a boost leak

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Too many stock parts and that is your restriction. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just daft.
Just because the part is stock doesn’t mean I’m daft 🤣

I was running identical setup before I switched to 19T and never had problems. Until they blew. I’d imagine it’s a seal

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
What tmap sensor are you running? As somebody previously noted, there is a big throttle closure matching the duration of your boost plateau. This closure is because load actual hit load target. My suspicion is that boost plateau is actually a huge boost spike, only it's showing as flat in you log because your actual boost is much higher than your tmap can read. Your load also plateaus in the same region, but I think that's due the the throttle closure preventing load from over-shooting load target due to the huge boost spike that is erroneously showing up as a boost plateau in your log. If this is true, then where your boost drops back down after the plateau, is probably just boost coming back down from the spike back into a readable range for your tmap sensor.