Fuel Pump bracket

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I just wanted to let you guys know of an aftermarket fuel pump bracket.
Travis at Kemp Prototyping & Design Company LLC. made a bracket and I installed it this weekend. It was pretty cheap compared to other brackets on the market but the quality was great.
I received my bracket and a nice pen with it. The part is very light weight but seems durable. It is printed in a high resolution but I am not sure what the materiel is. Great quality of the print.
The install is pretty straight forward for DIY guys. The only parts that held me up a little is pushing in the hose release buttons on two hoses and pulling while trying to hold the bucket up in the tank.
I cut the connector off my old pump and soldered and shrink wrapped the connections.
Hooked it up and was up and run in about an hour in total. :drinking:

You can reach him at [email protected]

From Travis "Glad you like it and it went well! The material is a Carbon Fiber Nylon Composite. VERY Strong. Glad to hear it went well!"

resized.jpg
resized2.jpg
resized3.jpg

Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Hi @KPDcompany
I need a bracket but Im concerned about fuel gauge accuracy when using a walbro and a Holley fuel mat. These are made with the standard fuel filter sock in mind and effectively its thickness sets the depth of the hangar. Have you done any testing in this? How much shipped to Australia NSW zip 2000

BMP-PrecisionRaceworks

Private
Platinum Vendor
Jun 19, 2017
Texas
www.bm-parts.com
Because of the mechanical clamping force in his design, you will be able to adjust the pump height up or down to accommodate the hydramats so at Empty your float is all the way down. This is the same way many of the bucketless systems work including ours. The biggest key for fuel gauge accuracy is ensuring none of the hoses or strainers get in the way of the float assembly.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Because of the mechanical clamping force in his design, you will be able to adjust the pump height up or down to accommodate the hydramats so at Empty your float is all the way down. This is the same way many of the bucketless systems work including ours. The biggest key for fuel gauge accuracy is ensuring none of the hoses or strainers get in the way of the float assembly.
So im also concerned with how much force is applied to the mat/filter. Im thinking that it needs to be on the bottom of the tank but excessive force will impede input flow. If the pump stands off the bottom to avoid that the gauge will be higher and may read empty when in fact it isnt. Not a big deal and I agree anything interfering with the float isnt great. Is there a way to calibrate when the tank is known to be empty ? Or is using the stock bucket height above the floor the only way to guarantee factory calibration is retained?

KPDcompany

Private
May 7, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ride
2008 335i E90
Thanks Stephen for chiming in. aus335iguy, there is nothing to worry about as far as forces on the hydramat. The bucketless simply sits on the bottom of the tank as the stock one does. The top hat is just keeping it in place from moving around and puts very minimal forces down on the filter/mat. This will not impede flow by any means. Using the assembled bucketless with the float assembly installed, you place the fuel pump & filter on a flat surface while the clamp bolts are still loose and slide the bracket/float assembly down the body of the fuel pump until the float is touching the same flat surface. Stephen from BMP might have an easier way to describe this, but I assure you this will not give you any false level readings.

Also, as far as shipping, these will be up on Stephens website(www.bm-parts.com) fairly soon for ordering, so shipping cost would be a question for him. If you need one sooner than this, let me know and I can get a price to ship you one directly from me.