Front Facing intake manifold results

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Anyone claiming that an after market ff style manifold does very little hasn't got a clue or just trying to push their substandard merchandise and dumb down the quality products like fab factory or plazmaman these are the only one I tested against the factory plastic and a certain alloy manifold a customer has brought to me on the dyno.

Be careful of which phenolic gasket you use as some a sub standard and they block the ports partially impeding flow in the intake.

The only way you can check this is using a pin hole camera in the intake itself, the only time this gasket with have any benefit is in heavy traffic, on open road or track it does stuff all and your better running without it.

On average the ff style manifold will pick up heaps of usable midrange and that where it counts especially in racing, the plazmaman tops that by continuing to extend the power band at the top of the curve.

It has been designed by pro's with over 50 years experience, you really think its something that's been slapped together and put out on the market you would be delusional.

I've invested enough money and tested 3 so far and the results are real world not just on paper, the beauty of these ff style manifolds is as the flow demand becomes bigger so does the hp increase, don't expect an ff style manifold to do anything for a car running 20psi or even 25 to do anything for you.

As seen on the single turbo project at 28psi plus where the stock style manifold tapped out at 450rwk at 7000rpm, as soon as we bolted the fab factory manifold on the power jumped to 493rwk and we ran out of fuel at 5800rpm with heaps to go.

We will be turning the new setup up in a few months once its run in and we have the hp28 auto running behind it, development always takes time and nothing gets done overnight,

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I picked up 27rwk with the plazmaman personally on 93 at 26 psi and loads in the midrange with optimised custom tuning changes but same boost.

The results are there in a thread i wrote a couple of years ago but every car is different might make more or less until you try it you wont know.