Technical FrankenTurbo F21Bi Turbo Upgrade

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
The only fatality is the fatality that is unleashed often by Tony on his own companies reputation.
Hes alot better now and honestly what sucks is Tony was the one defending himself in this thread. Unfortunately usually the one that responds is the one that looks guilty it's like one kid getting punished for smacking the other meanwhile noone saw the other one pinch him first

Reactions: Roll up or pull up

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
The only fatality is the fatality that is unleashed often by Tony on his own companies reputation.

Amen. Hence him having to hire and pay for a forum handler. You don't see any other company having to do that now do you?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Amen. Hence him having to hire and pay for a forum handler. You don't see any other company having to do that now do you?
No but come to think about it, I can think of many more that could use knowledgeable people that have the skills and inclination to interact in public. Actually quite a few.

Filippo

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
It’s actually really common for companies to have people deal with all of their marketing and social media nowadays. Maybe not so much in the N54 world, but it isn’t out of the ordinary in the aftermarket automotive world.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
It’s actually really common for companies to have people deal with all of their marketing and social media nowadays. Maybe not so much in the N54 world, but it isn’t out of the ordinary in the aftermarket automotive world.

I am familiar with having a marketing department and have a people in it handle all of your social media and online presence. You want to promote your brand a certain way and this is just another function of the marketing department.

I have just never seen it arise and be required because the owner of the company does damage to their brand basically every time he posts.

Like I don't see the owner of APR or Pure getting into verbal arguments on forums and then Adrian/Peter cleaning it up after. I guess that is my point.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I have just never seen it arise and be required because the owner of the company does damage to their brand basically every time he posts.
Every day. Just flip around the roles. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Sucks at money. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Sucks at hiring. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Sucks at managing people. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Sucks at promoting his work. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Can't seem to deliver finished product. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Can't negotiate good deals. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Can't drive sales to close. Guy is brilliant at what he does. Unable to pull his head out of the weeds. The one we are talking about is buried in the list.

All businesses tend to start out with someone that has two fundamental "-isms" - perseverance and a pursuit of their craft. That's why we don't typically see that lacking in smaller efforts. All the other disciplines are also a crafts unto themselves; but most people - and often tech people - dismiss those things are "jobs" "roles" "a responsibility" - they don't get that tis a craft, practiced and advanced with an underlying set of personality traits that brought the person there in the first place. They even perform those aspects and often act as if they are good at it (they aren't but have little discernment in that dimension), or consider it menial or tedious administrative activity interfering with executing in their giftedness. I find this perspective pervasive and #1 killer of the ability for people to advance the cause.

From what I can tell, Tony didn't hire some noob - he hired a guy with chops, who can handle himself, and I suspect handle himself with Tony as well. Not many people in my experience have the ability to figure that out, and the balls to bring someone in with core capabilities that outstrips them in core dimensions.

Filippo

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
Ride
2010 n54 e90
I stay far away from peoples personal likes and deal with FACTS. Through actual performance of the parts I'm looking into purchasing. I'm new to the n54 and the community but I've been doing my research well before I bought my 2010 335i e90. So far I've installed VRSF... their products are good quality and very good price. For my twin set up upgrade I'm leaning towards either VTT stage 2+ or MMP stage 3.

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
I stay far away from peoples personal likes and deal with FACTS. Through actual performance of the parts I'm looking into purchasing. I'm new to the n54 and the community but I've been doing my research well before I bought my 2010 335i e90. So far I've installed VRSF... their products are good quality and very good price. For my twin set up upgrade I'm leaning towards either VTT stage 2+ or MMP stage 3.

Keep researching mate.