Finally cracking 11.9s

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Here's my first pass into the 11s. Been sitting at 12.1 for a while, got tired of it. 335xi on mhd e60, DCI, cp, fmic, muffler delete, xhp stg2.
IMG_20170805_235715305.jpg

Attachments

• received_10213000717589160.mp4
    600.3 KB · Views: 244

Blaster400

Lurker
Feb 4, 2017
SE Michigan
Ride
2007 E92 6AT
Welcome to the 11's! Not bad for stock turbos. Throw in some downpipes and you should get deeper into 11's. Xi's always have nice 60 foots.

Reactions: Cheezy

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Thanks man, I'm excited! I had some misfires on that first slip that kept me from making a full pass, but compared to the 11.93 slip it looks like it would've been 11.89 or better. The 60' are insane when i leave in 3/4 boost. In full boost I spin and hop. I have to figure out my tire pressure or change to a stickier tire. I think im gonna get dp and inlets at the same time, but a PR Coil kit is next up as far as performance. I want to do a bunch more of weight reduction to my car for obvious reasons, but I want to keep it somewhat sleeper looking and a dailyable. Carbon hood and trunk are in order but I'll be having them wrapped to match. Yup.... Im just blabbering on about my car... Can't you tell I'm stoked!!!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Still want to see a built transfer case. I know this gets asked a lot, but did the worm gear ever get fixed? I don't even know what the weak link is now.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Still want to see a built transfer case. I know this gets asked a lot, but did the worm gear ever get fixed? I don't even know what the weak link is now.
Afaik it hasn't been, PD said they were gonna tackle it, I told them I'd be willing to beta, but I don't think they thought I was serious haha I know someone a few years ago was making CNC ones just as cheap replacements but they were soft metal and he said himself it wouldn't hold up for drag racing. He said it would be possible to make them of harder metal but then that would shift the weak link to elsewhere, possibly to a harder more expensive part.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I saw a post above that say Milan dragway. I only went there once last year and it was horrible. Only got two runs in and the entire place was not in the best shape.
Lapeer is in great shape and make as many test runs as you like. Although I realize it might be out of convince and location.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Franken turbos. Don't see them often. Are they just Chinacast like everyone else? I thought FT owner tried to say his were different?

Nice video. Best of luck with your goals.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Wow. I just got a notification that someone liked this post from 2017. This Thursday im going to try to put this car in the 10s. 3 years of separation, upgraded turbos, built engine, built trans, new suspension, big meaty tires, whole lot of weight reduction... check it out on YouTube

DAMN! 😂

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I want to see what my fat e60 will do on the drag strip. If I break her though my wife will be so pissed. She's already told me to stop modifying the car because it's fast enough..... yes... but fast by who's standards I say. I need to know definitively by the numbers that it's a fast car. Lol

Reactions: Torgus

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I want to see what my fat e60 will do on the drag strip. If I break her though my wife will be so pissed. She's already told me to stop modifying the car because it's fast enough..... yes... but fast by who's standards I say. I need to know definitively by the numbers that it's a fast car. Lol
What would you consider fast ? Theres a difference between quick and fast. Just curious, as all cars are different, mods, weight, etc.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
What would you consider fast ? Theres a difference between quick and fast. Just curious, as all cars are different, mods, weight, etc.
No idea with this car. I just like having the power to play with. When I did track days on my motorcycles it's all about being nimble and quick through corners. So, that's 'fast' for me being able to go through corners quickly. I've never dragged before or road raced a car. I guess having a quick 0 to 100 mph time would be fast for straight line work for an e60. I don't really see them being fast on a road racing course though. It's all really relative though as like you mentioned "all cars are different".

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
No idea with this car. I just like having the power to play with. When I did track days on my motorcycles it's all about being nimble and quick through corners. So, that's 'fast' for me being able to go through corners quickly. I've never dragged before or road raced a car. I guess having a quick 0 to 100 mph time would be fast for straight line work for an e60. I don't really see them being fast on a road racing course though. It's all really relative though as like you mentioned "all cars are different".
What do E60s weigh in at ?
My cars 4100lbs without me in it ☹